Hey!!! So...I was just fooling around in Microsoft Word today, and I started writing this poem. It is so rough and really amateur, but I thought it kinda fit the theme of this blog, so I wanted to share it. How's everyone's week going? Mine is not so great :( but I think it will get better. Anyway, here is the poem (I don't have a title):
Oh, who am I, this
worthless waif.
This girl, without a
quart of faith.
Why can’t I be as
brave as Ruth?
Who followed her
mother and held fast to truth.
Or why can I not
follow Esther?
Who didn’t let fear
get the best of her.
Or why cannot I be
like Deborah?
Who fought for her
people and never gave up.
I am more like the
woman at the well.
Who doubts each truth
that Jesus tells.
Or I am like Martha,
the bickering youth.
Who works all day to
hide the truth.
Lord, I must be like
Mary, Your faithful follower.
Who did not let
Martha or the disciples stop her.
She went ahead and
blessed your name
And cleansed Your
feet without a bit of shame.
Lord, I must be like
Rahab, who, although she had sinned
Hid the Israelite
spies among the wheat bins.
Lord, I must be like
Miriam, the sister of Moses
Whose faith and trust
were like everlasting roses.
Lord, You are the
potter and I am the clay.
Shape and mold me
every day.
Mold me as the woman
in Proverbs 31
Who works hard and is
a blessing to everyone.
Mold me as the people
in 1 Peter 3:3-4
Who thought about
appearance, but cared about character more.
Remind me that “a
virtuous woman is a crown”,
But “lying lips are
abomination” and they bring others down.
Remind me that You
“hath made everything beautiful in Your time”
And that You created
the sun that continues to shine.
-Amen-


Your writing shows so much talent. Often the best written pieces are those that are planned and just happen.
ReplyDeleteAw thanks Aunt Nikki! And what you said is true; when I write stuff out of the blue it ends up better than the stuff I plan to write. Thanks so much for the support! :)
DeleteWhat knowledge is shown here! Great job!
ReplyDeleteLove It!
ReplyDeleteThanks Ms. Harris! :)
Delete"Just fooling around on ur microsoft word"? Makes me wonder how good you write when ur not just fooling around!;-) That poem was beautifully written!!!
ReplyDeleteHahaha thanks. Since you are the poem queen that is a big compliment! :)
Delete