I just want to say: I hate my voice. It's so...ew. I'm 14 years old and I talk like a 9-year-old. My "ssh" and "th" sounds have a lisp to them and I put too much emphasis on some syllables (it might sound like I'm paying too much attention to details, but if you were me, you'd understand...you know what, forget that explanation, it doesn't even make sense).
I remember my voice being worse when I was younger. I had a more noticeable lisp and my voice was more high-pitched. Now that a few years have passed, I thought it had gotten better. I thought my voice sounded good--of course, that was just my ears telling me what I wanted to hear. (Get it? Hahaha...ehhh.) I even believed people when they told me that my voice sounded fine. That was a mistake. Now I know...my voice is still just...ew.
The real issue is that sometimes I get confidence in myself and think "maybe my voice isn't so babyish after all!" It almost makes me want to talk to people (notice, I said "almost"). But then I hear my voice on a video and I'm like
I remember my voice being worse when I was younger. I had a more noticeable lisp and my voice was more high-pitched. Now that a few years have passed, I thought it had gotten better. I thought my voice sounded good--of course, that was just my ears telling me what I wanted to hear. (Get it? Hahaha...ehhh.) I even believed people when they told me that my voice sounded fine. That was a mistake. Now I know...my voice is still just...ew.
The real issue is that sometimes I get confidence in myself and think "maybe my voice isn't so babyish after all!" It almost makes me want to talk to people (notice, I said "almost"). But then I hear my voice on a video and I'm like
(Sidenote: I just found this gif today and I love it so much. I mean, J-hutch...as a cute little kid? Too. Much.)
Anyway, I feel like I'll never ever talk again when I hear my childish voice. (Haha, see what I did there? With the gif? Hahaha....ehhh. I need to stop.) I wish my voice would just a grow up a little. I don't want a woman's voice--I just want to stop lisping and sounding high-pitched and just sounding like...like...like ew.
I guess we all know what the solution here is: never listen to a recording of my own voice again. (Oh...did you think it would be something else? Like, "gain confidence in myself" or something? Bahahaha. You're hilarious.) If I keep hearing what my voice really sounds like, I'll probably seriously never talk again. Like, not even to my immediate family. And you can forget about trying to "make new friends". It's bad enough that I'm self-conscious about being small and looking young for my age and just generally being socially awkward. Adding my baby voice to the mix? No. Just...no. (You see what I did there? With the title? And that sentence? Hahaha...ehhh. Yeah, okay, I'll stop now.)



No comments:
Post a Comment