Thursday, November 27, 2014

Grateful Blogger Tag

Happy Thanksgiving!

 I was tagged by Bryleigh (♥) for...



Looks like the rules are...

1. Thank the blogger who nominated you. (Thank you, Bryleigh! ♡)
2. List ten (major) things you're grateful for.
3. Tag ten bloggers.

I sort of did a "things-I'm-grateful-for" thing last year (?) on my blog, but it was something I was supposed to do every day and it was like thirty things. So I think today's ten shouldn't be too hard...

#10: Internet. It's sort of petty and shallow, but what teenager isn't grateful for the internet? It's a nice thing to fill up extra time, and quite honestly without internet I wouldn't be able to do any of my homeschool assignments. So internet is actually vital around my house.

#9: Health. I know everyone (especially elderly family members) say that their thankful for their health and the health of their friends and family, but I really am thankful for it. So many people have their friends and family snatched away from them by deadly diseases, and I'm really grateful that the people close to me are healthy and considerably happy.

#8: Electricity. Electricity is like super important because without it I would be freezing my behind off right now. And I wouldn't be able to use my computer right now. And we wouldn't be able to cook any Thanksgiving dinner. And that would be a disaster.

#7: Clothes. Although most people reading this [probably] have clothes, I'm thankful to have clothes that are cute and comfy and that I can just love wearing. Like I have this one gray sweater from Aeropostale with a little dog on it and it's so cute and comfy. (It's from the Bethany Mota line and I was so happy to support her by buying her clothes ♥). So, yeah, I'm thankful to have the freedom to buy the cute, warm clothes that I want.

#6: Friends. I don't interact with people much outside of my immediate family--like, seriously, I'm lucky to see other humans more than twice a month--but I'm still thankful that I get to text my friends, and that I get to see them every blue moon. I may have sketchy people skills, but I do like talking with my friends.

#5: Fooood. Ah. Food. Food is so awesome. Not just Thanksgiving food either. I'm talking McDonald's fries and popcorn and cake and potato chips and just aaaaall that amazing stuff. So I guess I'm not thankful for just food--I'm thankful for junk food.

#4: Music. You may think this is extreme, but music really can save people. I remember last year when I was just going through a drama phase and I really needed music to calm me down. Even now, when I hear certain songs I think of that time and how music really helped me. So I suuuper thankful for music.

#3: Family. I'm so thankful for my family. I kind of said this earlier, but I'll say it again because I really mean: so many people are losing family members--close family members--and I am extremely blessed that my close family is alive and well and on good terms with me.

#2: Safety. So many bad things are happening these days--not just diseases, but people are hurting one another. Murder, rape, robbery, domestic violence, etc...I'm thankful that neither me nor anyone close to me has experienced any of these things.

#1: God. God is everything to me. And this may seem like just a bunch of words to some of you, but I really mean it. He has saved me, protected me, forgiven me, loved me...there is so much that He has done for me, there are literally no human words to describe it, and He is the thing that I will always be the most thankful for.

That took waaaaay longer thank it should have!

Anyway, I tag:

Rcubed
Nicole Rose
Dali Rae
arushee bhoja
Emily
Lizzie Wolfe
Cathy
Haleemah Colvin
J
Bethan Downs

(Probably only barely half of these people will actually do the tag, but :/)

Anyway, what did you guys do for Thanksgiving? Let me know in the comments!

☮

10 comments:

  1. I love your list of things to be thankful for, Olivia. So many of them are so true for me too and even the ones that seem shallow can actually be something very special too (junk food, internet, and cute clothes for example XD). Thanks for making this list, I really liked reading it because of how much it resonates with me. :)

    ---

    Tickle Your Cute Bone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! ^^ Yeah, it's the little things that you can be most thankful for ♥

      Delete
  2. You're welcome! Those are great things to be grateful for! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great list. I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving :)
    http://saltskinned.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw thank you so much for tagging me! I loved reading your list and to be honest, I agree with pretty much the whole thing! It's really nice to see someone else who appreciates the small things in life ;) Hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! And yes, I did have a great Thanksgiving, hope you did too!

      Delete
  5. Your list looks to be in the perfect order! God is definitely at the top of my list too ;)

    www.simplydavelyn.com

    ReplyDelete