Wednesday, September 17, 2014

People Like Fall?! + Q&A



Okay, so maybe I'm weird, but why do so many people like fall? I mean, of course, people can like whatever they want to. But fall? As a favorite season? How? I mean...

1. Cold. I can't stand the cold. Having to wear a jacket whenever I leave the house? No thank you. And I don't have any "cute autumn outfits", just nice spring and summer stuff. And buying new, cute clothes for fall right after a big summer shopping spree? Ain't nobody got money for that. :P

2. School. How can someone like a season where school comes back? I mean, I'm homeschooled, so I have it easy. But kids in public school have to get up at the crack of dawn and go to school, where they're expected to learn in spite of all the distractions--rowdy kids, inappropriate jokes, excessive cussing, unnecessary drama, etc. Fall = school. School = bad.

3. Flu. Winter might be the official flu season, but fall is like Flu Season Eve. Everyone knows being sick sucks (even though it sometimes gets you out of school :P), so how could you like a season where sickness is dominant? Stuffy noses and scratchy throats and bleary eyes? No thanks.

But even though fall can be kind of sucky, I guess there are some good things about it. Like...

1. Thanksgiving. A day in honor of eating. Awesome. (Oh, and giving thanks. Can't forget that.)

2. Football. I'm not a major football fan, but it's cool to watch I guess. Okay, fine, I'll admit it--the real reason I like football season are the sales on potato chips. Whenever there's sales on chips, my mom buys like three bags. Score.

3. Hunger Games. Yes, as the official fangirl for the Hunger Games series (haha, just kidding) I'm always happy when November rolls around because that's basically Hunger Games month. Mockingjay release on November 21st and I'm exciteddd (yes, with three D's). Mockingjay stuff has already started trending on Tumblr, so that means other people are excited too! Yay! ^^

So I guess fall has it's good parts and bad parts, just like every season. Still, it isn't my favorite. Summer will always be the best in mind. But I guess now I understand a little--a little--why someone would have fall as their favorite season.

Oh, before I go, I need to answer the questions that one person (Bryleigh McCarty ^^ ) asked me:

1. What astrological sign are you? I have no clue. Cancer, I think...? Idk.

2. Big family? That lives with me? No. But in general? Yes. I don't think I'll ever really know exactly how many cousins I have. I literally have hundreds.

3. Dream job? Screenwriter. I would looove to write, produce, and co-direct a blockbuster movie one day.

4. Favorite singer/band? Right now my faves are Ariana Grande, Iggy Azalea, and Britt Nicole (haha, very diverse genres, as you can see).

5. How long have you been homeschooling? It'll be four years in January. I've been homeschooling since the sixth grade--and so much has changed about the way I homeschool (basically, I'm lazier, haha).

So that's today's post! I'll try to post tomorrow--or, at least, sometime before next week ♡

10 comments:

  1. I know everyone has different opinions but I have made it pretty clear that I am excited for fall on my blog. In my opinion, fall is my favorite season because of the aroma. It is nice and chilly a.k.a. the perfect time to bundle up and cuddle. And the movies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, ya, the movies are awesome--thg, maze runner...and the "fall candles" are cool too :)

      Delete
  2. ERMAGARD MOCKINGJAY!!! Yusss. I agree on the cold thing. That ain't cool. Especially if you live in Colorado like I do, fall and winter are the dominant seasons. UGH ALLLLLLL THE SNOW!! But I do like to curl up and read. :) Thanks for answering my questions! We've been homeschooling for about the same time then! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MOCKINGJAAAAAAY hahaha :P And that's cool about the homeschooling thing! But hmm...is it a coincidence...or not... :P

      Delete
  3. Fall is beautiful, the spectrum of colours around is stunning.
    But yea... I really do agree with you in many ways. Especially the falling sick part...:(
    Great post!
    June
    The Journeys' of my beating heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! ^^ And, yeah, the colors ARE pretty cool :)

      Delete
  4. I think the colors are really amazing too. Fall makes me feel happy inside - winter too, because of all the holiday spirit and cozy things - plus it's a season for knitting!! - but my favorite seasons, far as weather and activities goes, is pretty much spring and summer. I like all the seasons though. (: winter might be my least fave because of the dangers that come with travel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah winter snooow aghhhh haha :P but yeah all seasons are cool i guess...but summer and spring will always be my faves too :)

      Delete
  5. I love fall cause fall fashion is just amazing and i love it lol and i also get to eat lots of food at thanksgiving hahah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, fall fashion is pretty cute. ♡ And of course you would love anything that involves food Dakota lol. :P

      Delete