LITERALLY STOP EVERYTHING. Today is (or, for those of you in different time zones, was) Momfuku Ando's birthday. You think I'm trying to be sarcastic? I'm not. Because do you know who that man is? No? HE IS THE CREATOR OF RAMEN NOODLES. Yes, ladies and gentlemen (but probably mostly ladies), this is the man who invented the food staple for almost all college students. He basically shaped your childhood. And Google honored him today through a bunch of super cute animations on their logo--which is a pretty worthy honor, in my opinion. I mean, just look at these:
(the inventor studying his ramen thoroughly)
(the inventor making some of his ramen in his shed)
(and, finally, the inventor happily enjoying his ramen--this one is cutest to me)
Okay, so rant about ramen over. I just thought you should know about this amazing occurrence.
Anyway, moving on. School is going okay I guess--math is getting more and more complicated (uuughhh) and now science thinks it's funny to combine itself with math. Like, seriously? I finish math class, only to move on to more math in science? Ugh. But literature is going pretty cool--I'm finishing up Great Expectations and it's getting pretty intense. Also, in writing, I'm prepping to write a short story, and I get to come up with main characters and premise and everything. So I'm doing a kind of fantasy spin--the main character is a fairy (named Ella) and her world is kind of like a fairy world, but within our world. (I'm ripping off Tinker Bell and Thumbelina a little bit, oops.) And I think it's kind of cool to share Ella with you because I've actually based a part of her character off of my blogger bestie Rcubed: she says "oh my gargoyles" a lot. :D
So that's pretty much all that's going on with me...other than fangirling over Age of Ultron (May 1 better hurry up), rewatching Criminal Minds (is this my 3rd or 4th time?), and working on blog collabs (look for my first collab post, coming soon!). What've you guys been up to?
☮


OMGAR I AM SO HONORED! You'll have to send me the short story once you're finished, haha!
ReplyDeleteAnd it's so kool how Google did the maker of ramen noodles' birthday--he was basically a genius! I wasn't sure who the person was, but I haven't had the chance to Google it, so thanks!
Haha you're welcome! ^^ And I totally will share when done! :D Yesss omg he is a genius! :P
DeleteRAMEN IS AMAZING. :D The only thing I don't like about ramen (it's a GOOD reason) is that the steam goes in your face while your trying to bend down near the noodle cup trying not let the strands fall. Math is tiring (I have it first thing in the morning, but once I get home, when it's time for bed, I just crash and sleep).
ReplyDeletexoxo Morning
YES IT IS :P Okay that is a good reason, so I will let is slide :P And omg I do math first thing too! Still stressful :'( :P
DeleteI never ate ramen noddles. Now, I NEED TO EAT THESE NOODLES.
ReplyDelete- June
www.the-impossible.com
YES YOU DOOOO
DeleteI LOVE RAMEN NOODLES AND THIS POST IS ACTUALLY REALLY RELEVANT TO MY LIFE BECAUSE I JUST GOT MY TEETH CLEANED AND I CAN'T EAT ANYTHING HOT FOR TWO HOURS AND I'M SO MAD BECAUSE I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO COMING HOME AND EATING A BOWL OF RAMEN NOODLES ARHELAFKHDLSKFJSDLFJDS.
ReplyDeleteOk, wow. That was kind of a rant. Sorry about that. But ramen noodles are awesome.
OMG NO I CRY FOR YOUR SUFFERING :'( hahaha but yesss ramen noodles are life
DeleteRamen noodles? noodles? NOODLES?
ReplyDelete*hops in car then realizes i can't drive so walks to store to see what all the fuss is about*
Ugh...school. I can relate too much I think....math is quite brain-frying, if I do say so myself. Oh yes, and I will try to finish that interview post haste.
Hahah and schooool yessss :'( and it's totally cool about the interview; take your time! :D
Delete