Okay first of all lemme just say that you guys are AMAZING. Your answers to my last post really showed how much we have in common: awesome taste in music and movies. Like literally almost all of us can't wait for Age of Ultron. And to the few of you who don't want to see it:
Heh-heh-heh. Just kidding. (Okay, maybe only half-kidding...) :P
Anyway, updates time!
I actually haven't been doing much but school and Netflix. I have been mini job-hunting--I'm always complaining about not having any money so it's high time I suck it up and get to work. Last year my "grind" was cutting grass with my dad--and it was actually a pretty nice gig, $20 per lawn--but this year most of the lawns we cut are, to put it simply, unavailable to us. So I've gotta find something else. I'm looking into working at my local AMC, because I read on their site that their minimum hiring age is 14 years old, but I'd actually have to call and speak with a manager personally in order to find out how young they're willing to hire.
I'm trying to look at more creative means of making money, like making money off a hobby or talent, but my only real talent is writing, and I can't just sell straight up writing (trust me, if I could, I so would). I learned that some bloggers/vloggers are making money, but that's because they have thousands of followers and they've teamed up with businesses and stuff. So idk.
ALSO, I'm starting to get into studying for my learner's permit--I reeaaally wanna get it as soon as I can. So I've been studying the driver's manual, but I'm not really serious about it yet--everyone knows you're not serious about studying until you crack out the index cards and Quizlet. :P
Oh! Almost forgot--I drew-ish a thing today:

Heh-heh-heh. Just kidding. (Okay, maybe only half-kidding...) :P
Anyway, updates time!
I actually haven't been doing much but school and Netflix. I have been mini job-hunting--I'm always complaining about not having any money so it's high time I suck it up and get to work. Last year my "grind" was cutting grass with my dad--and it was actually a pretty nice gig, $20 per lawn--but this year most of the lawns we cut are, to put it simply, unavailable to us. So I've gotta find something else. I'm looking into working at my local AMC, because I read on their site that their minimum hiring age is 14 years old, but I'd actually have to call and speak with a manager personally in order to find out how young they're willing to hire.
I'm trying to look at more creative means of making money, like making money off a hobby or talent, but my only real talent is writing, and I can't just sell straight up writing (trust me, if I could, I so would). I learned that some bloggers/vloggers are making money, but that's because they have thousands of followers and they've teamed up with businesses and stuff. So idk.
ALSO, I'm starting to get into studying for my learner's permit--I reeaaally wanna get it as soon as I can. So I've been studying the driver's manual, but I'm not really serious about it yet--everyone knows you're not serious about studying until you crack out the index cards and Quizlet. :P
Oh! Almost forgot--I drew-ish a thing today:
I'm pretty okay with how it turned out, except for the hair--blehhh I hate how that turned out. I really suck at hair and whenever I even begin to approach it I just get frustrated and give up. And that's what happened here.
I'm also frustrated with the hair because I based the drawing off of this:

And obviously the hair in this image is waaay better than what I drew. So yeah. Cringe.
Anyway, that's all that's been up with me. What about you guys? What have you been up to this week?
(Oh, P.S. Do any of you have suggestions for jobs/work for a 14-15-year-old? [Other than babysitting, house-sitting, dog-walking, or yard work--or work around my house for money?] If you do have any ideas, please please let me know in the comments! ^^)
☮


OHMYGARGOYLES...have you ever thought of checking out your local Little League and seeing if they have a Snack Shack or Concession Stand or something like that? I'm working mine on Saturdays, and even though I'm doing it for community service, we get paid like $25 for 3 hours, which is like $8.33 an hour. I don't know.
ReplyDeleteAnd the whole driving thing is so kool! I just recently turned fifteen-and-a-half, which in my state means I can officially get my permit, but I know in some other states you can get it when you're fifteen. (So unfair, haha!) What's your state's laws?
I'm gonna do that! Although I won't be able to work on Saturdays :( But that's nice stream of money for handing out snacks! :O Haha
DeleteYeah, in my state you can get your permit when you turn 15, but I live like right on the stateline and I'm next to a state where you can get it when you're fourteen! So I'm kind of jealous of that haha
At the end of April I'm going to take the test for my learner's permit! :) You have to be at least 14 to take it, and well, I can't keep letting my parents having to drive me around. I want to earn money too! If you want, you can take a well-known but cliched summer job, and it's one of the more common jobs where I live: working at an ice cream shop during summer. Hmm... as for other jobs or creative ways to get them... well, it depends. Use your strengths! Look for a new angle! (Sorry for the Big Hero 6 reference; I couldn't help it!) And the Avengers.. gosh, my feels! I can't wait for the Infinity War, Parts 1 and 2! Such a long wait though, until 2018...
ReplyDeletexoxo Morning
YAYAYAYAY! I hope you pass :D I'm (hopefully) getting mine in July and I'm veryvery excited. But omg you're so lucky that the minimum age is 14!
DeleteI took your advice and looked around town for ice cream shops, and I found one that hires my age! So hopefully I can start working there this summer ^^ And it's fine; I didn't even get the reference anyway cuz I haven't seen the movie yet >_< haha
Yasss omg I am so pumped for Avengers--but why they gotta make us wait so long? Like three years between every movie? Really? -_-
EEK I'M SO EXCITED TO GET MY LEARNERS PERMIT, TOO! I've started studying a little but I guess I'll start studying more as it get closer to actually taking the test. ;) Ever thought of starting your own business and opening an Etsy shop? You could sell handmade crafts & things. Your drawing is lovely. It's way better than I could have ever done, haha.
ReplyDeleteYESYESYES I am suuuper excited. There is sooo much to study though :'( Haha but it's worth it.
DeleteI thought about starting a shop, but I don't really know what I would sell...I'm not really a crafty person haha
And awww, thank you! I tried lol. And I bet you could do it better than me. Did you draw the image in your sidebar on your blog? Because if you did then that automatically means you could have done better than me haha
Colorado is so freaking confusing with all of their laws of driving! I recommend Etsy. Or check the local craft store! (Lol I'm a hypocrite, I need to go check mine too.) Your drawing is great!! Practice makes perfect!! ;)
ReplyDeletexx
Lol yeah driving laws can sometimes be weird, confusing, and really technical. Which can make studying reallly annoying. And aww, thanks! Yeah, I definitely need to practice drawing more haha
DeleteHmm. I have a job with dog sitting/ dog walking. It's just one dog tho, XD I'm going to see if I could do something at my local library or an close animal shelter. But, I'm probably going to expand my dog business. Anyway! For you, think of things that you enjoy , crafts? html? food? That's what got me started. Good luck! With your drawing, it looks ah-mazing! Driving? I'm sooo NOT ready. XD
ReplyDelete- June
www.the-impossible.com
Yeah, I want to try my library too, but I think they just take volunteers and interns >_< And yeah, I was thinking about something in html, like blog designs, but that'd take time and patience and I just >_< hahah And awww, thanks! Hopefully I'll get better at it though haha. Yeah, last year driving scared the crap out of me lol but this year I think I'm ready :D
Deleteoooh i love the new design! :) what font is the header? ♥︎
ReplyDeleteThanks! I kind of had this template before lol but I changed a couple of things this time to make it more personalized. The header font is Manhattan Darling and it was sooo hard to find lol but I think you can download it for free here (you might have to convert the file, though, in order to use it)
DeleteLoving the new design :) Hmm, jobs? I really don't know, though blogging is a nice way that some earn money, but like you said, they're really BIG bloggers who do earn a lot of money that way.And that picture looks pretty good :) Hair isn't exactly my specialty either, so....
ReplyDeleteThanks! And yeah, my mom is pushing me to do vlogging in order to make money but idk :/ And aww thanks! :3 Yess, hair is sooo difficult -_-
DeleteI think you had this template once before, didn't you? :D
ReplyDeleteLet me guess the Header font, is it Art Brewery?
Hey, don't worry about not being able to copy the drawings of others. I couldn't draw that way too. I think, it's actually better to try to draw your own way instead of worrying about, that others draw so much better than you. I bet many people also think that YOU draw so much better than them, so it's okay :-)
Yeah I had this template before, and I kinda missed it so I brought it back haha The header is actually Manhattan Darling, but it looks really similar to Art Brewery so that was actually a really good guess! :D
DeleteThanks! That's a really good point :D
Never heard of Manhattan Darling :D but I need it too !
DeleteI'm also 14 and would love to earn some money, but I have so little time anyway with exams coming up!
ReplyDeleteLove your blog :)
~Lauren from Pretty Things And Polka Dots
Yeah, school does kind of get in the way but if you pick a job up in the summer then it'll be easier :D Thanks so much! I'm gonna check out your blog now :)
DeleteYour Dad is so generous by giving you 20 dollars per lawn. :) Hope you get the job you enjoy doing, I didn't have a job when I was your age, so I'm sorry I don't have much ideas to share. Maybe you could be a tuition teacher for younger kids like those in primary school? That drawing you made is really good too. :)
ReplyDeleteBy the way, I saw your comment on Bryleigh's blog about how you're in the Criminal Minds fandom, and I'm a pretty big Criminal Minds fan myself! Criminal Minds fans unite! Spencer Reid and Garcia are really awesome. :)
Yeah, he was really nice to give me $20 per lawn! There's a job opening for a kid my age at an AMC near me so I'm hoping I get it *crosses fingers* And aww thanks! I tried haha.
DeleteOMG YAYAYAY CRIMINAL MINDS FANS UNIIIIITE okay sorry lol but I rarely find someone who's as into CM as me so when I do, I usually freak out. But yasss Spencer and Garcia are lifeee ♥