Thursday, April 9, 2015

New Old Design? + Survey Resultssss

Okay so I know I've posted quite a few times since my design overhaul but I never really sat down and discussed it with you guys. So now I will.

*sits down*

So, if you didn't already know, I had this template before. I first got it in October 2014 and I loved it to deeeaaaath (you can read about it here). A few months later, I somehow got it in my head to redesign my blog and use only elements created by me. Needless to say, that tanked. I had this bland gray design which could've been better if I'd added a color accent and a personalized header and basically just had any idea what I was doing. So I reverted back to this template because it has more color and is just more me.

Okay! Now that that's over, let's get down to the fun stuff.

So in February I issued a second blog survey, after the first one I did in January didn't go exactly the way I wanted it to. And the second time around, I got a lot more responses! So let's go through my results and see what you guys said!


It was cool to learn that the majority of my readers are my age. That means I'm getting at the audience I want, which is good. Also, I'm a little surprised about my readers being Thor...I mean, I thought at least one of you might be Thor, but two of you? Hmm...maybe one of you is an impostor pretending to be Thor. Lemme check...


I knew it! (Actually, a couple weeks ago I was at Wal-Mart and I was trying to connect to wi-fi and these are the options I saw...so I just screenshotted it and now finally I have a sort-of-but-actually-not-really-because-it-doesn't-make-any-sense reason to use it!)

Anyway...I didn't think I was worthy to have a follower like Thor...but I guess I am! ^^


So a lot of of the survey-takers have been reading for either months or weeks and that is so awesome! ^^ But I've also got people who were visitors (the "Not following" group) and it's awesome that I drew them in enough to take my survey! ^^ (I sure use awesome a lot..)


Almost everyone visits my blog every time I post! Yaaaay! ^^ The other "majority" was first-time visitors, which is awes--COOL because I hope I drew them in enough to follow me!


SO THIS GRAPH REALLY MAKES ME EXCITED ASDFGHJKL. It basically tells me that other bloggers are mentioning/talking about/linking back to my blog, and other people are flowing to my blog because of it! That is really really good and I hope it continues!


Most of you like my opinion/rant posts, which actually surprises me because I would expect people to want me to turn that off haha. But it's good to know that you guys like those types of posts so I'll try to keep those coming!


...Aaaand apparently most of you want more writing and/or photography posts. (Or posts just containing those things.) My writing has been really taking a dip lately but I'll put in my best effort. And my photography...eesh...I can try, though.


All of you like humorous me rather than serious me which is good because I like humorous me, too. Also this graph was obviously completely unnecesary to make but I just wanted to make it because it's funny to see the entire graph just be one big circle. It's hilarious. (At least to my weird and sometimes child-like--okay, more like puppy-like--sense of humor.)


My posts got a 4 and a half-ish out of 5 rating. So they could be better. And they will be better.



My design shockingly got a 4 out of 5 rating--and "shockingly" because this was before I reverted back to this template. So maybe I should release another survey...mmm, nah.



My overall blog rate was actually weaker than my design or post rate, with about a 3 and a half-ish out of 5 rating. Eesh. I'd kinda like to know why that's so low...but maybe it was because of the design I had then. Still, if there's anything you guys would like me to fix--the persona of the blog, the persona of me, anything--let me know in the comments.


My survey rate was the highest rating of all: super-close-to-5 out of 5! ^^ So at least I know you guys liked taking my survey lol.


The final results from my survey were about fandoms--just trying to see what my followers have in common with me--and, as I suspected, most of us are in Avengers fandom! ^^ (Actually the majority of you are in different fandoms than me...oh well...*soft crying*)

So that was fun! And interesting! It was cool to get a bearing of what you guys like and what you want to see more of. And rest assured that I will be referring back to these results often.

Anyway, let me know what you guys thought of this post and the results! And let me know if there are more things about my blog you want me to change!

☮

6 comments:

  1. wow, that's so cool! :D and your graphs look amazingg ♥︎

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! ^^ They took foreverrr to make in Excel :'( haha

      Delete
  2. i LOVED all the pink in this post :) It was so interesting to see your results!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved seeing your results!
    Oh by the way, I followed your blog. I don't really know why I didn't do it when I came the last time...but I've done it now.
    -Lauren <3
    lovingourcreator.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete