Alright sooo I've still got some adrenaline pumping from this weekend as it was really awesome. And I shalt try not to become too giddy so I can communicate it properly with you all.
So Fourth of July night was super awesome--although oddly different. I had to wash my hair that night (since my birthday was the next day and I wanted to look good) so when we went out to see the fireworks show, I had wet hair piled under a plastic bag and a huge towel hanging over my head and in front of my face. So yeah, I looked like a laughingstock. But I was also wearing pajama bottoms and an embarrassing Barack Obama sweatshirt my grandpa bought for me so of course I was a laughingstock. But at least I never got out the car so I could just
Anyway, the fireworks themselves were pretty awesome. We actually couldn't see the fireworks show we'd specifically gone out to see--our spot on the street obscured our view--but there were a couple shows in the distance that we could see, and then a guy across the street from us started setting off fireworks and they EXPLODED RIGHT ABOVE OUR CAR AND IT WAS AWESOMEEEEE. I've never seen fireworks up close and personal like that and it was the besssst experience. Also it was hilarious because my mom was terrified and kept screaming and clutching her chest and asking if falling firework bits would blow up our car (I'm not kidding).
But that was all super fun and I wish I had a camera nice enough to take pics and show you guys. Oh, well.
---
Now, on to what Sunday the 5th was...
*SUSPENSEFUL MUSIC PLAYS*
*SUSPENSEFUL MUSIC CRESCENDOS*
Okay yeah no you probably all already know that it was MY FIFTEENTH BIRTHDAY!
I actually didn't think I would be all that excited about it but turned out I had good reason to be--although it didn't start out exactly perfect.
You see, I wanted my hair to look really good for my birthday, so I stayed up literally all Saturday night doing it--and I didn't go to bed until 5:30 Sunday morning. You heard me, I went to bed in the morning. It was almost light out; the freaking sun was coming up when I got into bed. Of course I got to sleep in, but it didn't really feel like I did since I went to bed IN THE MORNING (yes repeating that in italics is super necessary because four days later I still can't believe it).
Anyway, when I woke up, I was a lot happier--I found that my family had decorated my door and our dining room entryway with balloons, hearts, and streamers!
I was super happy, grateful, and surprised to find all that when I woke up--my mom has a video but my ratchet-looking morning face would probably break your screens.
But I also found:
So Fourth of July night was super awesome--although oddly different. I had to wash my hair that night (since my birthday was the next day and I wanted to look good) so when we went out to see the fireworks show, I had wet hair piled under a plastic bag and a huge towel hanging over my head and in front of my face. So yeah, I looked like a laughingstock. But I was also wearing pajama bottoms and an embarrassing Barack Obama sweatshirt my grandpa bought for me so of course I was a laughingstock. But at least I never got out the car so I could just

Anyway, the fireworks themselves were pretty awesome. We actually couldn't see the fireworks show we'd specifically gone out to see--our spot on the street obscured our view--but there were a couple shows in the distance that we could see, and then a guy across the street from us started setting off fireworks and they EXPLODED RIGHT ABOVE OUR CAR AND IT WAS AWESOMEEEEE. I've never seen fireworks up close and personal like that and it was the besssst experience. Also it was hilarious because my mom was terrified and kept screaming and clutching her chest and asking if falling firework bits would blow up our car (I'm not kidding).
But that was all super fun and I wish I had a camera nice enough to take pics and show you guys. Oh, well.
---
Now, on to what Sunday the 5th was...
*SUSPENSEFUL MUSIC PLAYS*
*SUSPENSEFUL MUSIC CRESCENDOS*
Okay yeah no you probably all already know that it was MY FIFTEENTH BIRTHDAY!
I actually didn't think I would be all that excited about it but turned out I had good reason to be--although it didn't start out exactly perfect.
You see, I wanted my hair to look really good for my birthday, so I stayed up literally all Saturday night doing it--and I didn't go to bed until 5:30 Sunday morning. You heard me, I went to bed in the morning. It was almost light out; the freaking sun was coming up when I got into bed. Of course I got to sleep in, but it didn't really feel like I did since I went to bed IN THE MORNING (yes repeating that in italics is super necessary because four days later I still can't believe it).
Anyway, when I woke up, I was a lot happier--I found that my family had decorated my door and our dining room entryway with balloons, hearts, and streamers!
grossly lit photo of my bedroom door--aren't the hearts so cute tho? ^^
the dining room entryway--I love how my mom taped the "15" to the balloon!
closer up--my mom cut those tissue paper hearts out by hand!
I was super happy, grateful, and surprised to find all that when I woke up--my mom has a video but my ratchet-looking morning face would probably break your screens.
But I also found:
a sweet birthday card from my whole family and a birthday balloon tied to my chair!
So I was already in a good mood and I'd just woken up.
Then my mom and I did what we do best--procrastinated. But it was the good kind of procrastinating; we looked at baby photos of me and my brother and reminisced about when we were so cute and little and sweet and innocent. But all that is gone now MWA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA (jk I'm still a goody-goody just not as cute)
I ate a tiny breakfast and did the bad kind of procrastinating (Netflix and Pinterest-ing) for a couple of hours--and guess what I found when I went on Google?!
A little logo! For my birthday! I didn't know that Google saved your birthday info from your account and made a logo personally for you (only seen by you, of course) for your birthday! But awesome!
Anyway, I finally roused to shower and get dressed--and for once, I was happy to put on actual clothes (that sentence sounds weird but I promise I don't mean it the way it sounds). I bought a dress specifically for my birthday (which I haven't done since I was very little) and I was so happy with it! It's flowy and comfy and beautiful. AND IT WAS ONLY $14 WHAT.
this is a later picture we took in front of the fountain but
After like a thousand photos (which were kinda worth it) we picked up my cousin (she bought me a card and some candy and everything was SO CUTE omg I was so surprised and grateful) and then went down to the Plaza (which is like an upscale outdoor shopping place thingie in Missouri). All the shops were actually closed by the time we got there (*wah-wahhh*) but we still had fun walking around. I actually have a little, rushed and poorly-edited video of it here:
That fountain was very refreshing but my cousin refused to get in as she thought it was too insanitary--but, come on, if the germaphobe queen (me) could put up with it, I'm sure anyone can.
Afterwards we went to Olive Garden WHOOP WHOOP. But seriously THOSE BREADSTICKS ARE LIFE OKAY and if you disagree then BYE and also if you ever go to Olive Garden could you please give me your breadsticks thanks.
But I was so winning because I got to take home EIGHT EXTRA BREADSTICKS for my birthday WHAT. Plus the maitre'D and our waitress were super nice; they gave me advice for my learner's permit test (which I took on Tuesday AND PASSED YASSSS GUYS AND I JUST GOT MY PERMIT YESTERDAY HOLLA I CAN OFFICIALLY DRIVE IN THE STATE OF MISSOURI WITH A LICENSED DRIVER OVER THE AGE OF 21 CAN I GET A "WHAT WHAT") and for driving in general and our waitress made me a really pretty birthday plate--she put "Happy Birthday Olivia" on it in some cherry gelatin-stuff and it TASTED SO GOOD OKAY--and she got all the staff to sing Happy Birthday to me which was both awesome and awkward.
the mini dessert our waitress whipped up--isn't it so cute?
So I went home happy and full--but not too full to eat one of my mom's famous carob (chocolate-looking-non-chocolate) cupcakes at 12:00 a.m., of course.
---
So that was my weekend! And it was AWESOME! (I haven't used exclamation marks, all caps, and the word "awesome" this much in one blog post since I was 13 *deep-seated stomach-turn of regret*).
But I really did have a good time, and I thank my mom, dad, brother, and cousin (and the Sunday-night-closing-shift staff of Olive Garden :P) for that. And, of course, God. He showed me that I still can have really positive and feel-good days, even if not every single one of them is going to be like that. And I'm grateful for my past year--14 actually wasn't a bad age--and I'm trying my hardest to be positive and hopeful about 15. Although I have an uneasy feeling about 16... :P
So how old are you guys going to be this year? If you already had your birthday this year, happy belated birthday! Are we age twins now? Are we birthday month twins (because that would be awesome)? Let me know in the comments! (And also let me know if you want to see anymore shaky-cam vlog-like thingies on my channel--although you probably don't want to)
(P.S. almost forgot what I teased you guys with last post--although not many of you seemed all that intrigued, and I don't blame you. But guess what? *rubs hands* Okay wait don't leave I'll stop trying to unsuccessfully create suspense: I'm planning a GIVEAWAY! For you guys, my cute and loyal followers! I don't know all the details yet but it's coming soon, I promise! So BE HYPED because I'm thinking of doing multiple prizes and multiple winners so everyone has a chance to win something. IT'S COMING SOON PEOPLE BE READY)
(P.P.S. I kind wrote this post in a big excited hurry so if you catch any typos let me know so I can fix 'em okay? Thanks! ^^)
☮


Happy Belated Birthday!!! :) My birthday is coming up soon too- yay!!! Almost-twins! So glad that you had a great day!
ReplyDeletexoxo
Grace Anne
http://totallygraced.blogspot.com/
Thank you so much! ^^ OMG BIRTHDAY TWINS *throws confetti* *does dance* *stubs toe on table leg*
DeleteHAPPY BIRTHDAY BRUH! And congrats on passing your learner's permit!!!!! *internet high fives for erreyone*
ReplyDeleteOlive Garden is the best. Actually, that just gave me an idea. I think I kind of want to go to Olive Garden for my birthday in September...
THANK YOU SO MUCH BRUH! And thanks! *high fives back* I was sooo nervous I'm so glad I passed in one day.
DeleteOlive Garden is so awesome. For sure go there for your birthday, man. TREAT YO SELF.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Lovely vlog! I love Olive Garden, it's amazing :D
ReplyDelete~Noor
THANK YOU SO MUCH! Haha, thanks, it's a bit shaky but I guess it's alright ^^ Yesss Olive Garden is lifeee ♥
Deletehappy birthday!!! oh and on my birthday too there was the cake logo! :) cute dress btw ♥︎
ReplyDeleteThank you so much! ^^ Awesome! And thank you, I love it too ♥
DeleteHAPPY BIRTHDAY! Wow your birthday day sounds so fun (and that cherry gelatin thing is just...yes.)! The dress looks awesome on you, and it was very nice of your family to put this together. :)
ReplyDeleteTHANK YOUUU ♥ Yes it was! Thank you so much, and yes they are super lovely ^^
DeleteWow! Happy belated birthday! I love all the pictures and the decorations. Looks like you had a fabulous day!
ReplyDeleteChristine | Everything is Blogsome
Thank you so much! Yes I did; I'm so grateful! ^^
Deletewow wow wow! Sounds like you had the best weekend ever :) Your dress is pretty cute too ^_^
ReplyDeletehappy birthday!
It was pretty awesome! Thanks! And thank you so much for the birthday wishes! ♥
DeleteHappy Birthday!!!
ReplyDeletexoxo
Leah
Thank you so much! ^^
DeleteHAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE BEST NAME/BIRTHDAY MONTH TWIN EVER!!! mine is on the 25th ^-^ excitement. it sounds like you had an awesome birthday!!! God definitely knew what he was doing when he made you just the way you are!!! and when he made sure you started a blog (cause seriously all your posts like make my day). hope fifteen treats you well. ^-^
ReplyDeleteALSO SUPER PUMPED ABOUT THIS GIVEAWAY THING LIKE AHH GIVE ME DETAILS NOWWWW
THANK YOU SO MUCHHH AND OMG YASSS BIRTHDAY AND NAME TWINS YAYAYAY HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAYYY TWIN Aw omg you are so super sweet, literally those words put a genuine smile on my face when I read them ♥
DeleteIT'S COMING SOONNN GIRL COMING SOON
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm glad you had such an awesome day :)) I hope 15 treats you well and you have a great year :)
ReplyDeleteTHANK YOU SO MUCHHHH ♥ I hope the same for you! (the part about a great year not about the 15 'cause if I'm correct I think you're older than me...?)
DeleteThis is probably too late, but happy 15th birthday, Olivia! The decorations in your home looks wonderful, your family certainly loves you very much to prepare all those decorations and card. The dress looks great, and the waitress was so lovely to have prepared you the dessert. :) Have a wonderful week. :)
ReplyDeleteIt isn't too late at all! Thank you so so much! ^^ They certainly do :) Thank you so much! And yes I was very blessed to have her as my waitress ^^ Thank you, and I hope you do too! :)
DeleteHAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY OLIVIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <-- I think I beat you. ;) This post was so cute! I could not stop smiling. Your excitement rubbed off on me, I hope you're happy. ;) Hey! I went to Olive Garden for my birthday this year (and last year) too! Sadly, we're not birthday twins or age twins ( *cry face* ). My birthday was in January and I am the beloved age eighteen (boooooooo!!! not fun.).
ReplyDeleteYour dress (and hair) looks so gorgeous on you. I'm happy you had a wonderful day. <3 You deserve it!
xx Mackenzie
PS: I posted your guest post on my blog if you wanna check it out. :)
http://thoughts-of-a-fangirl.blogspot.com/2015/07/meet-blogger-guest-post-001.html
THANK YOU SO MUCH MACKENZIE I can't believe I'm replying to this like two months late but thank youuuu so muchhhh okay ♥ I'm so glad you loved this post! Aw, not twins *crying* but I bet eighteen will work out awesome for you!
DeleteAw, thank you so much! ^^ It truly was awesome :)
happy belated birthday! I'm turning 16 in October! :D I love Olive Garden OMG MAN. You look so cute in your dress btw :b
ReplyDeleteVery belated thank you! :P Oooh, 16, nice! ^^ OLIVE GARDEN IS LIFEEE. Aw, thank you so much! ^^
DeleteHAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Gosh, I can't believe I missed this when I was away... but at least I'm back now. I never knew you were older than me by several months; I won't turn 15 until September! Have a cookie! *gives cookie through computer screen*
ReplyDeletexoxo Morning
THANK YOUUUU (two entire months later because Blogger didn't notify me of new comments -_-) Also, you might be 15 now too, so happy birthday! *takes cookie* Yay! Thank you so much, Morning! ^^
DeleteI'm so late but oMG HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! *throws glitter and confetti in the air*
ReplyDeleteWhat your family did for you in the morning was so cute! And I couldn't help but laugh when you were talking about going to bed in the morning. You were in such shock XD I've gone to bed at 10am before! lol
I'm 15 this year too (!!!!!) but not until September 3rd :P x
haleemahsjournal.blogspot.com
I'm so so so late but oMG THANK YOU SO MUCH! ^^ *dances in glitter and confetti*
DeleteWasn't it though? They really are awesome ^^ Omg, that's too much! Yeah, I can be something of a night owl, but I can't do bedtime in the morning :P
Happy belated birthday to you now as well! *sends cake through screen* So many September birthdays here ^^