Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Character Creation Contest + Updates + LAST Month's Spotify Playlist

Hey guys! *psst this is sort of a long and rambly post just warning ya*

So Daisy from A Bookish Flower has created the Character Creation Contest! And I entered!

click on the image to go to Daisy's post about the contest

I'm entering although I broke the rules--my story word count is below 800 words, oops. Also the contest is over now. But I knew wasn't going to win, anyway. It was just fun to do!

Anyway, I wrote my story based off of this picture:

I couldn't find a better quality than this sorry

You can go here to read my entry (warning: it was written in a hurry so it may have typos and isn't written as well as I want it to be--and it ends kind of abruptly but)

---

Anyway. Moving on to updates!

Remember this tee from my wishlist:


Well, I got a tank from Kohl's which is basically the exact same thing! (Except, you know, it's a tank--and it's waaaay cheaper than Nordstrom)

Aaaand guess what else I got from Kohls? THE MARVEL TEEEEEE yayayay I'm so excited to wear it (I already wore the tank yesterday--and if I say so myself it looked pretty good).

Speaking of yesterday, MY LIFE IS LITERALLY A DISNEY CHANNEL SHOW I'M TELLING YOU GUYS. 

So you know how I have the summer gig of cutting grass with my dad, right? Well yesterday my dad and I were in a hurry to cut my aunts' grass because it was supposed to rain. But when we got to my aunts' house, they weren't home, and we don't usually like cutting their grass when they're not home. So since I had some stuff from Abercrombie & Fitch and JCPenny to return, we decided to go to the mall in the meantime (which is pretty close to my aunts' house). Only problem? I don't go to malls in grass-cutting clothes. When I cut grass, I wear old t-shirts and baggy sweatpants. And I'm not one to be seen in those in the mall (wow I sounded sort of stuck up there...but really it's just because I almost always see someone I know when I look really bad, so I never like to go anywhere looking like that). 

Luckily, I'd packed a change of clothes (we were actually planning to go to the mall after cutting grass so I was prepared) but there was still a problem--as we couldn't get into my aunts' house, I had nowhere to change. So what did I do? I CHANGED CLOTHES ON THE FLOOR OF OUR VAN. 

My dad had to stand outside the van as I changed, and to avoid flashing him (and the passing cars, as my aunts also live on busy highway *strained smile*), I had to wriggle around on the floor while trying to yank my skinny jeans on--and I also had lawn equipment whacking into my head every time I jerked around too sharply. Luckily, I got into my tank and jeans without revealing anything, and when my dad reopened the door, he was like "you look like a completely different person..." I think he thought I had a magic kit back there or something, because he was right--I crawled in the back looking like a sweaty mess and crawled back up looking like I was headed to an [insert whichever band you love most] concert. Maybe I am a magician...or maybe a wizard of Waverly Place...*cackling* *more cackling* *sudden coughing*

Other than my use of the back of our van as a makeshift changing room, I don't really have anything else particularly exciting that happened to me recently. June LITERALLY FLEW BY omg. I can't even believe it's July. Literally I can't *begins singing song* okay sorry I won't.

---

Oh! Can't forget LAST month's Spotify playlist (darn it, I really didn't want to have to do another one of those). Anyway:


THE SONGS ON THE RADIO ARE OKAY
BUT MY TASTE IN MUSIC IS YOUR FACE

Twenty One Pilots just...*sigh* You guys know. You just know. And it was so awesome when Car Radio turned up on my iTunes radio yesterday; I did a little inside happy dance and everything. Love that song. And Tear in my Heart (because Tyler and Jenna Joseph are two of the cutest things that ever happened okay)

--

WHY DO I TIRE OF COUNTING SHEEP
WHEN I'M FAR TOO TIRED TO FALL ASLEEP

I also heard Fireflies yesterday as well! I was walking through the mall and it was playing--so I shamelessly sang along and informed my dad that they definitely needed to turn the speakers up. I could barely hear it! But I love love this song; I feel like it's the perfect song to wake up to in the morning. And also Adam Young's personality all around is amazing. Look at this man:



LEGEND.

--

I LOVE YOU
WHEN YOU'RE SINGING THAT SONG AND
I'VE GOT A LUMP IN MY THROAT 'CAUSE
YOU'RE GONNA SING THE WORDS WRONG

I really love the random acousitinc cover combination of Cool Kids and Riptide. I just...love it. It really is the perfect mix of songs and lyrics and vocals--gotta admit, the people singing aren't too bad. But of course I've always loved Cool Kids and, surprisingly, the more times I hear people other than Vance Joy himself sing Riptide, the more I love it. *lel awkward*

--

IF YOU GAVE ME A CHANCE I WOULD TAKE IT
IT'S A SHOT IN THE DARK BUT I'LL MAKE IT

Guyssss so I really love Jasmine Thompson's covers right now. I accidentally stumbled upon her and OMG HER VOICE IS AMAAAZING. She's done so many popular songs and she did an original one of her own (can't remember the name oops) but you should seriously look her up on Spotify. This girl made me love Do You Wanna Build a Snowman?--her version made the song sound so sad, somber, and emotional--so obviously she has a super talented voice.

---

Alright! That's...it? That should be it, anyway. I know, this post wasn't that great--I kind of wrote it all in a rush--so let me know where my typos are when you see them as I'm sure there are many of them.

Anyway, as usual, let me know what you thought of my playlist! And also let me know what you thought of my story--I know, it kinda sucked, but still. Let me know!

(P.S. I'm working on some awesome stuff trust meeee there will be some good posts coming this month)


10 comments:

  1. Amazing post, it was awesome! Okay I have your Spotify playlist on repeat right now, I love it ahh. Plus, you have a TØP song up there *giggles*

    ~Noor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha thanks! Yes TØP is life currently ♥

      Delete
  2. YOUR STORY. :') Anyway, I love almost all of the songs you mentioned (I haven't heard Car Radio...or any 21p music). Wowzer, I used to love Fireflies a lot, and there's another good song by Owl City called Strawberry Avalanche which you should listen to. Jasmine Thompson has an amazing voice. Have you heard of Christina Grimmie, or my personal favourite, Celia Pavey? They have flawless voices, you should check them out. This comment kind of turned into a promotion (oops, haha) but yeah. Awesome post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU SO MUCH ^^ Yeah I really want to get into more Owl City music so thank you for that suggestion I will definently give it a listen :) I've heard of Christina Grimmie but I've never actually heard any of her music; I need to check her out on Spotify one of these days. That's fine; I'm always promo-ing (both others and shamelessly myself :P) in comments.

      Delete
  3. JASMINE THOMPSON. CHRISTINA GRIMMIE. OWL CITY. I'M IN HEAVEN RIGHT NOW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your story, Olivia!!! The contest isn't over yet, not until the 8th. So you still might have a chance of winning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! ^^ Oh yay I thought it was over already! ≧^◡^≦

      Delete
  5. lol ADAM DOES IT AGAIN.
    and your story ^-^ so good.
    did jasmine young sing "willow"? or was that someone else?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THE MAN IS A GENIUS
      Thank you so much!
      I...have no clue lol I don't think so I think her song is called "sun comes up" or something

      Delete