Hey guys!
I'm super excited by your response to the giveaway; I've got six valid entries already! Yay! I've hit my minimum! ^^ But that doesn't mean I don't want more entries; on the contrary, I encourage them! Remember, entry opportunities end Tuesday, September 8. Just a little reminder though; I only need you to comment/send me your email address for right now. If you win, then I'll contact you for a shipping address--I don't need one right now. Just putting this reminder out as I had a mishap with a girl who commented on the YouTube video and left her shipping address! Eek! I definitely don't want that to be public to everyone, so again, I just need an email address (and your name, and if you liked the video) for your entry.
Also, guess what? The amazingly talented Noor is hosting a giveaway right now too! Giveaway twins! ^^ Her prizes sound like they're going to be amazingly good so I would definitely hop on over and check out how to enter! Because why enter just one giveaway when you can enter two?
---
Okay, so--a while ago, the gorgeous and talented Olivia (who is my total name twin AND birthday month twin *turn up*) tagged me for this 777 Challenge, which I've been seeing all over the place and totally loving.
Rules:
+ Share 7 lines from the 7th page of a book you're writing (I didn't exactly do that but)
+ Tag 7 people
I am a derp and not exactly writing any novel-y stuff at the moment. But I wrote a little something on my Figment account a looong time ago so I'll share a piece of that.
Beth still looked sad. “Tabitha, don’t make me go through this.”
I scowled. “Tell me,” I growled. “Tell me what you think you saw.”
Beth sighed heavily. “You fell into the lake,” she began slowly, “just like the rest of us, except backwards—and you just…stayed down there. You swam around a little, but then you just didn't move. And…and it looked like you were breathing in water. On purpose.”
I stood, motionless, listening to Beth’s description of what she had seen. When she finished, I began shaking my head, slowly at first, but then more and more vigorously.
“No,” I said. “That…that couldn’t have been…I mean, that’s not…that’s not what happened.”
Beth nodded grimly. “I believe that is what happened, Tabitha. I’m sorry.”
I sat down on the edge of the bunk, still shaking my head. Suddenly, the full coldness of the cabin hit me, and I rubbed my bare arms. I closed my eyes and tried to remember what really happened at the lake—what I’d seen, what I’d heard, what I’d done—but I couldn’t. All I remembered was the bright blue water and the yellow sunshine and that calm feeling I’d had. I’d felt at peace. I’d felt resolved. But…resolved to what?
Of course, what I pasted here is, like, twice the amount of lines I was supposed to, but who can properly share seven lines of a story without leaving readers lost? I know I sure can't.
So I'll tag some people who I know are amazing writers:
Tane
Sarah
Autumn
Eve
MaryShelley
Morning
Arushee
If you've already been tagged then of course you don't have to do it again--you don't really have to do it at all, either way. I just know all of these people are amazing writers and I'd really love to see some snippets of something (it doesn't have to be seven lines or from a book you're writing). But of course if you're busy with school right now, it's no bother. I know I rarely ever have time to even check my blog comments these days. But if any of you readers want to do this tag, go for it and say I tagged you! I want to see some awesome writing, guys ^^
---
Moving on, I drove some more.
I think I've mentioned before that I obtained my permit a couple days after my birthday and I haven't really been keeping up driving practice, but I've been snatching in a few hours here and there.
Last month I drove my mom and little brother to my aunts' house for a family dinner. Okay, that might not be the best way to put that--I drove the rest of the way to my aunts' house. You see, we have to drive for about ten to fifteen minutes on the highway to get there, but once we'd gotten out of that hairy area, my mom and I switched seats and I drove on the streets. Although, that can be a harrowing experience as well as my aunts' house is right off of a super busy street that leads to an even busier highway, so pulling into their driveway can be a bit scary for a first-time driver like me. But I did it, without
a. dying
b. killing anyone else
c. parking in the grass
d. driving straight through the garage door
So I'd call that a success.
Then a couple weeks ago, I drove my mom to the store--it was my first time transitioning between neighborhood roads and busy roads with rush-hour traffic. But it was a good experience--even though I changed lanes like a bunch of times without signaling, and almost hit a woman's car. Once again, though, I didn't die. And being alive after fully parking the car = success.
And that same week, my dad took me out for an official driving lesson--more controlled atmosphere and no rush-hour traffic, but I was still on busier roads/streets and I drove 45 MILES PER HOUR FOR THE FIRST TIME. That sounds so silly, but for me, it felt so crazy to accelerate from 25 to 45 like that. It feels like I'm breaking the law or something--especially when you see that the cops have pulled over people in not one but two different spots on the road. I wasn't nervous about speeding though; I was worried about them peeping the twelve-year-old-looking girl driving cautiously on a busy road.
LEAN WITH IT, ROCK WITH IT
WHEN WE GONNA STOP WITH IT
LYRICS THAT MEAN NOTHING
WE WERE GIFTED WITH THOUGHT
To be honest Holding On To You is so beautiful and just 4 minutes of complete yes. I like to believe it's about God (You should take my life / You should take my soul) which makes it like 4000000 times better. I loved watching Tyler and Josh's interview with...some dude idk but I remember Tyler saying that he wants his music to be about something; not singing about women or money or violence or "thrift shops" (lol a direct hit to Macklemore; I was crying), and then he expressed his faith so beautifully as only Tyler Joseph could and I just...wow.
So I feel like Holding On To You sort of encompasses all of what Tyler was saying in that interview. And I could probably listen to that song forever. (Also idk why but knowing who the drummer is just makes the song an extra 100000 times better because you just hear the drum solos and imagine Josh playing away and it's just awesome; you TØP listeners know what I'm saying)
CALLING OUT FATHER OH
PREPARE AS WE WILL
WATCH THE FLAMES BURN AUBURN ON
THE MOUNTAIN SIDE
When I first heard I See Fire while listening to Spotify radio (with which I have a volatile love/hate relationship), I nearly skipped it. Then I thought, "eh, why not, it's Ed Sheeran, let's give it a chance." And OMG BEST DECISION OF AUGUST 2k15. I love the way the song builds from just Ed and his guitar to, like, a full musical background that makes the entire song sound even more eerie. And of course the lyrics are amazing; I actually figured out that it was in reference to Desolation of Smaug all on my own (Desolation comes upon the sky / Now I see fire / Inside the mountain). And I don't even know anything about The Hobbit! So yay for me and my perception skills!
YOUR GRACE ABOUNDS IN DEEPEST WATERS
YOUR SOVEREIGN HAND
WILL BE MY GUIDE
I don't know what it is with me but lately I've been loving covers of songs more than the originals. So it is with the Gardiner Sisters' cover of Hillsong United's Oceans (Where Feet May Fail). Somehow the simple acoustic guitar elevates the girls' voices, and makes the song even better than the original. So I just love it. And I also definitely need more Christian lyrics in my life, so when it's mixed with my current love for acoustic songs, it's just all really good for me.
TAKE A BREAK FROM ALL THE PLANS
THAT YOU HAVE MADE
AND SIT AT HOME ALONE AND WAIT
FOR GOD TO WHISPER
I honestly did not know how much I needed this song until I heard it. Clear the Stage totally makes me rethink my relationship with Jesus and how I run my day. This song, combined with Tane's moving post, helped me to identify the idols in my life and begin cutting them down. The lyrics are just really straightforward, especially when he sings Anything I put before my God is an idol and Anything I can't stop thinking of is an idol--that just plainly identifies, for me, what my idols are. Just because I'm not making graven images out of wood and metal doesn't mean I'm not putting things above God. So this song has really helped me in my spiritual walk.
You'll also see some instrumental songs on my playlist. I recently discovered the Vitamin String Quartet while searching for study music. Basically, they do stringed instruments covers of popular songs. AND IT IS AWESOME OKAY LIKE LISTEN TO THE ONE FOR CENTURIES AND JUST TELL ME THAT ISN'T THE MOST METAL THING YOU'VE EVER HEARD. I'm also in love with The Piano Guys' music right now; it's part of my study music too. Home and Story of My Life are just so pretty to me.
---
Okay, so, that should about wrap it up for today! Again, if you're a follower and haven't entered my blogaversary giveaway yet, I'd suggest that you do! You can catch details on the prizes and how to enter here.
Also, let's get some feedback on the post! (I know, this one was sort of jam-packed full of stuff) What'd you guys think of my little writing up there? I know it could use some work. Are any of you driving or learning to drive? Have you killed anyone (or thing) yet? And don't be embarrassed if you have; I almost hit some people walking in the street once, so you're not alone. And what'd you think of my playlist? What's your favorite song from it? What were your favorite songs of August? Tell me all in the comments!
(P.S. okay so Leah said the cutest thing about me near the end of this post and I don't know if it's conceited of me to share it with you guys or not but I was just so squealing-ly excited to read it and I just want to give her a shout-out and say THAAAAANK YOOUUUU YOU ADORABLE GIRL and also while you guys are there check out her amazing art because that girl is so incredibly talented and why not give her a follow because her blog is awesome and she is awesome and okay okay I'll stop with the promo now but she totally deserves it)
(P.P.S. this post was insanely rushed so if you see any embarrassing or sentence-altering typos please please let me know so I can fix them! thanks! ^^)
☮
I'm super excited by your response to the giveaway; I've got six valid entries already! Yay! I've hit my minimum! ^^ But that doesn't mean I don't want more entries; on the contrary, I encourage them! Remember, entry opportunities end Tuesday, September 8. Just a little reminder though; I only need you to comment/send me your email address for right now. If you win, then I'll contact you for a shipping address--I don't need one right now. Just putting this reminder out as I had a mishap with a girl who commented on the YouTube video and left her shipping address! Eek! I definitely don't want that to be public to everyone, so again, I just need an email address (and your name, and if you liked the video) for your entry.
Also, guess what? The amazingly talented Noor is hosting a giveaway right now too! Giveaway twins! ^^ Her prizes sound like they're going to be amazingly good so I would definitely hop on over and check out how to enter! Because why enter just one giveaway when you can enter two?
---
Okay, so--a while ago, the gorgeous and talented Olivia (who is my total name twin AND birthday month twin *turn up*) tagged me for this 777 Challenge, which I've been seeing all over the place and totally loving.
Rules:
+ Share 7 lines from the 7th page of a book you're writing (I didn't exactly do that but)
+ Tag 7 people
I am a derp and not exactly writing any novel-y stuff at the moment. But I wrote a little something on my Figment account a looong time ago so I'll share a piece of that.
Beth still looked sad. “Tabitha, don’t make me go through this.”
I scowled. “Tell me,” I growled. “Tell me what you think you saw.”
Beth sighed heavily. “You fell into the lake,” she began slowly, “just like the rest of us, except backwards—and you just…stayed down there. You swam around a little, but then you just didn't move. And…and it looked like you were breathing in water. On purpose.”
I stood, motionless, listening to Beth’s description of what she had seen. When she finished, I began shaking my head, slowly at first, but then more and more vigorously.
“No,” I said. “That…that couldn’t have been…I mean, that’s not…that’s not what happened.”
Beth nodded grimly. “I believe that is what happened, Tabitha. I’m sorry.”
I sat down on the edge of the bunk, still shaking my head. Suddenly, the full coldness of the cabin hit me, and I rubbed my bare arms. I closed my eyes and tried to remember what really happened at the lake—what I’d seen, what I’d heard, what I’d done—but I couldn’t. All I remembered was the bright blue water and the yellow sunshine and that calm feeling I’d had. I’d felt at peace. I’d felt resolved. But…resolved to what?
Of course, what I pasted here is, like, twice the amount of lines I was supposed to, but who can properly share seven lines of a story without leaving readers lost? I know I sure can't.
So I'll tag some people who I know are amazing writers:
Tane
Sarah
Autumn
Eve
MaryShelley
Morning
Arushee
If you've already been tagged then of course you don't have to do it again--you don't really have to do it at all, either way. I just know all of these people are amazing writers and I'd really love to see some snippets of something (it doesn't have to be seven lines or from a book you're writing). But of course if you're busy with school right now, it's no bother. I know I rarely ever have time to even check my blog comments these days. But if any of you readers want to do this tag, go for it and say I tagged you! I want to see some awesome writing, guys ^^
---
Moving on, I drove some more.
I think I've mentioned before that I obtained my permit a couple days after my birthday and I haven't really been keeping up driving practice, but I've been snatching in a few hours here and there.
Last month I drove my mom and little brother to my aunts' house for a family dinner. Okay, that might not be the best way to put that--I drove the rest of the way to my aunts' house. You see, we have to drive for about ten to fifteen minutes on the highway to get there, but once we'd gotten out of that hairy area, my mom and I switched seats and I drove on the streets. Although, that can be a harrowing experience as well as my aunts' house is right off of a super busy street that leads to an even busier highway, so pulling into their driveway can be a bit scary for a first-time driver like me. But I did it, without
a. dying
b. killing anyone else
c. parking in the grass
d. driving straight through the garage door
So I'd call that a success.

maybe
Then a couple weeks ago, I drove my mom to the store--it was my first time transitioning between neighborhood roads and busy roads with rush-hour traffic. But it was a good experience--even though I changed lanes like a bunch of times without signaling, and almost hit a woman's car. Once again, though, I didn't die. And being alive after fully parking the car = success.
And that same week, my dad took me out for an official driving lesson--more controlled atmosphere and no rush-hour traffic, but I was still on busier roads/streets and I drove 45 MILES PER HOUR FOR THE FIRST TIME. That sounds so silly, but for me, it felt so crazy to accelerate from 25 to 45 like that. It feels like I'm breaking the law or something--especially when you see that the cops have pulled over people in not one but two different spots on the road. I wasn't nervous about speeding though; I was worried about them peeping the twelve-year-old-looking girl driving cautiously on a busy road.

*slides down in seat*
But now I can't do anymore driving because I've broken my glasses! *crying* I've never broken my glasses before, so this is bad timing and just, in general, really crappy. We don't have the money right now to get them fixed or get a new pair, so I honestly don't know when I'll be able to drive again. Which really suckssss ughhhh.
---
Anyway, moving on to happier things.
I'm once again sharing my monthly playlist too late. I don't know what I'm going to do with myself.
Here it is:
WHEN WE GONNA STOP WITH IT
LYRICS THAT MEAN NOTHING
WE WERE GIFTED WITH THOUGHT
To be honest Holding On To You is so beautiful and just 4 minutes of complete yes. I like to believe it's about God (You should take my life / You should take my soul) which makes it like 4000000 times better. I loved watching Tyler and Josh's interview with...some dude idk but I remember Tyler saying that he wants his music to be about something; not singing about women or money or violence or "thrift shops" (lol a direct hit to Macklemore; I was crying), and then he expressed his faith so beautifully as only Tyler Joseph could and I just...wow.

So I feel like Holding On To You sort of encompasses all of what Tyler was saying in that interview. And I could probably listen to that song forever. (Also idk why but knowing who the drummer is just makes the song an extra 100000 times better because you just hear the drum solos and imagine Josh playing away and it's just awesome; you TØP listeners know what I'm saying)
CALLING OUT FATHER OH
PREPARE AS WE WILL
WATCH THE FLAMES BURN AUBURN ON
THE MOUNTAIN SIDE
When I first heard I See Fire while listening to Spotify radio (with which I have a volatile love/hate relationship), I nearly skipped it. Then I thought, "eh, why not, it's Ed Sheeran, let's give it a chance." And OMG BEST DECISION OF AUGUST 2k15. I love the way the song builds from just Ed and his guitar to, like, a full musical background that makes the entire song sound even more eerie. And of course the lyrics are amazing; I actually figured out that it was in reference to Desolation of Smaug all on my own (Desolation comes upon the sky / Now I see fire / Inside the mountain). And I don't even know anything about The Hobbit! So yay for me and my perception skills!
YOUR GRACE ABOUNDS IN DEEPEST WATERS
YOUR SOVEREIGN HAND
WILL BE MY GUIDE
I don't know what it is with me but lately I've been loving covers of songs more than the originals. So it is with the Gardiner Sisters' cover of Hillsong United's Oceans (Where Feet May Fail). Somehow the simple acoustic guitar elevates the girls' voices, and makes the song even better than the original. So I just love it. And I also definitely need more Christian lyrics in my life, so when it's mixed with my current love for acoustic songs, it's just all really good for me.
TAKE A BREAK FROM ALL THE PLANS
THAT YOU HAVE MADE
AND SIT AT HOME ALONE AND WAIT
FOR GOD TO WHISPER
I honestly did not know how much I needed this song until I heard it. Clear the Stage totally makes me rethink my relationship with Jesus and how I run my day. This song, combined with Tane's moving post, helped me to identify the idols in my life and begin cutting them down. The lyrics are just really straightforward, especially when he sings Anything I put before my God is an idol and Anything I can't stop thinking of is an idol--that just plainly identifies, for me, what my idols are. Just because I'm not making graven images out of wood and metal doesn't mean I'm not putting things above God. So this song has really helped me in my spiritual walk.
You'll also see some instrumental songs on my playlist. I recently discovered the Vitamin String Quartet while searching for study music. Basically, they do stringed instruments covers of popular songs. AND IT IS AWESOME OKAY LIKE LISTEN TO THE ONE FOR CENTURIES AND JUST TELL ME THAT ISN'T THE MOST METAL THING YOU'VE EVER HEARD. I'm also in love with The Piano Guys' music right now; it's part of my study music too. Home and Story of My Life are just so pretty to me.
---
Okay, so, that should about wrap it up for today! Again, if you're a follower and haven't entered my blogaversary giveaway yet, I'd suggest that you do! You can catch details on the prizes and how to enter here.
Also, let's get some feedback on the post! (I know, this one was sort of jam-packed full of stuff) What'd you guys think of my little writing up there? I know it could use some work. Are any of you driving or learning to drive? Have you killed anyone (or thing) yet? And don't be embarrassed if you have; I almost hit some people walking in the street once, so you're not alone. And what'd you think of my playlist? What's your favorite song from it? What were your favorite songs of August? Tell me all in the comments!
(P.S. okay so Leah said the cutest thing about me near the end of this post and I don't know if it's conceited of me to share it with you guys or not but I was just so squealing-ly excited to read it and I just want to give her a shout-out and say THAAAAANK YOOUUUU YOU ADORABLE GIRL and also while you guys are there check out her amazing art because that girl is so incredibly talented and why not give her a follow because her blog is awesome and she is awesome and okay okay I'll stop with the promo now but she totally deserves it)
(P.P.S. this post was insanely rushed so if you see any embarrassing or sentence-altering typos please please let me know so I can fix them! thanks! ^^)
☮


This is an awesome post and I think you are pretty good at writing
ReplyDeletehttp://hottowncoolgirl.blogspot.com/
Thank you so much! ^^
DeleteI love your piece of the 777 challenge! It's funny you nominated me; I have ties to many bloggers who's blog is mainly based on writing (they're the one's who got me into twriting, anyways) and since I was nominated I brought it here... It seems kind of selfish to say that (LEAH IS SO SWEET, BY THE WAY) ut oh well. I just learned how to drive last week and I can't stop laughing as my mom argues over me not trying to laugh. It's insane.
ReplyDeletexoxo Morning
Thank you so much, Morning! ^^ Haha, nah, it doesn't to me. (IS SHE NOT JUST AMAZING JUST ♥) Haha, I'm the same: my mom panics and grabs at the wheel and I try not to let my giggles effect my driving :P
DeleteO | Life as a Young Lady
BEAUTIFUL PLAYLIST 10/10
ReplyDeleteAnd I feel your pain, breaking glasses is terrible. HOPEFULLY YOU CAN GET THAT FIXED SOON. That's good you managed to drive without dying or destroying something though, great job. xD
THANK YOU SO MUCH that actually means a lot from the blogger with a 10/10 taste in music ^^
DeleteYessss we're trying to see how we can get it fixed; my head ends up hurting from all the squinting I have to do.
Yes, I had some close calls but I always parked the car with no causalities :P
Well, thanks I guess..you know for *ahemm* making me feel so good. JK!!!!! I AM LITERALLY IN THE CLOUDS RIGHT NOW, WHAT YOU SAID WAS SOOOO SWEET, I. CAN'T. EVEN!!!!!
ReplyDelete*fainting to the floor with a gigantic smile on my face*
And you should seriously consider writing more, It was excellent.
xoxo
Leah
Hahahaha, you're so welcome! What you said about me made me so happy so of course I had to share it ^^ Aw, thank you so much! :) Yes, I'm trying to get back into writing more (I used to be so good at it...what happened... :P)
DeleteOMG! Driving sounds terrifying and you clearly are amazing. 45 miles an hour is pretty much speeding, Olivia, be careful! This sounds dangerous lol! Congrats on your 2 year anniversary and followers (I follow you on Bloglovin). Anyway, I don't live in the US so I can't participate, but congratulates again! weavingwaveswords.wordpress.com
ReplyDeleteHahahaha, thanks! Yeah, it can be pretty scary, but luckily my dad keeps me calm. Hahah, 45 sure feels like speeding :P Thanks so much! ^^ Aw, hopefully next time I can include all countries!
DeleteI listened to your last playlist for several days and can't wait to dig into this one! And I Ser Fire rocks! It makes me want to dance dramatically, and does Beetoceen's Five Secrets.
ReplyDeleteRealizing that we have idols is a hard thing to address but a great way to clear the way into our hearts that we might see God for the awesomely loving God that He is! I can't wait to see where these thoughts take you!
And your writing is so compelling! I want to know what happens next!
Aw, thank you! I really do take pride in those playlists ^^ I just looove I See Fire and Beethoven's Five Secrets; it's just all musical perfection.
DeleteYes, identifying idols in our lives is definitely hard but necessary, and feels very cleansing. Thank you!
And thank you so much! ^^ I might upload more bits in the future...maybe... :P
you poor girl :( i mean for me, driving sounds like the scariest thing ever, but now that you got a taste of freedom, i'm sure it sucks.
ReplyDeleteSo...your writing piece was AMAZING. Like one of the best i've read as i've seen this tag sweep across the blogging world. Good Job, Olivia ^_^ (woah look at that i just capitalized three words in a row what's up)
And is that me..like this autumn that you nominated. You might have got the wrong URL.
Yes! I keep thinking of good times to go driving and then I'm like "wait, no, glasses" :( we're trying to find a way to get them fixed though! Haha, driving isn't all that scary, once you get down the bare basics (which is all I've done haha) Omg thank you so much! ^^ Wow, that really means a lot :) No, I'm pretty sure I have the right Autumn! :P You're writing is so incredible--every one of your posts is, really--so if you end up doing this tag, I can't wait to see what you share! ^^
DeleteYASS TO THIS WHOLE POST. Holding On To You is my jam! And yes, Josh makes magic when he plays the drums. OMG driving yes I just started learning (3 lessons) and the other day Momma wanted me to drive her to where daddy was (which was like 5 minutes away) and I was like I'm not driving you there, so she wanted me to drive her back. And I got up to stop sign and was like NOPE. I haven't even tried using my blinker, and all this stuff, I'm not ready. She teased me for being a chicken but I knew that I should just get a little more practice before doing anything crazy like that. Hopefully soon I'll feel confident enough to do something like that though! Good for you! You're a pro at driving now!
ReplyDeletexx
YASSS TO THIS WHOLE COMMENT. Holding On To You is so beautiful; I could literally play it forever. Hahaha yes, sometimes you gotta turn down the crazy. I definitely want more practice so I can become more experienced. Haha, I'm not exactly a pro, but I'm practicing! :)
DeleteI went 45 for the first time today and I know what you mean COMPLETELY! It felt SOO fast and I wasn't ready for it..but my mom is a great teacher. ;) :)
ReplyDeleteYessss 45 feels so strange! It feels like you're doing something wrong haha. It also sort of makes me feel like I don't have control. But my dad is a good teacher too, and kept me calm during it. I guess you and I are driving twins! :P
Deletelol! I know, but it is so adventuress and neat too. I just won't let it get to my head otherwise I won't be as cautious... just gotta keep thinking! ;) Yeah we are! It's kinda fun. :D
DeleteGURL. When I saw that you did the 777 challenge it was like... CLICK BAIT. I think pretty much everyone has broken the rules of the challenge, so don't worry. I know I broke them. >.< Anywho, WHAT IS THIS STORY I NEED MORE. *puppy eyes* Literally, it sounds so intriguing and interesting and gah! just so cool.
ReplyDeleteIt makes me feel like such a delinquent when I see smart gals like you getting their permits as soon as they can and getting a bunch of practice in.... I mean, I'm 18 now but I'm pretty much at the same place you're at. (EEEK!) I've been trying to get as much practice in as possible, but I haven't been on the highway yet. And omg you had me laughing so hard at the 12-year-old girl thing and the police GIF. xD so. much. truth. "Have you killed anyone (or thing) yet? And don't be embarrassed if you have;" YOU CRACK ME UP SO HARD GIRL. oh my gosh. I almost hit a muskrat-type creature recently, and that was kind of scary. But it got away, thank God. I think it would probably scar me pretty bad if I actually killed an animal (never mind a person, oh my gosh -- never never never, in Jesus' name.)
OOOHH MOOSIC. *pounces* Literally, I'm super excited to check out that playlist. (Also, side note again: how did you make that awesome little embedded widget thing for Spotify?? It is so cool.) I loved what you said about "listening to songs and imagining that they're singing about God." I literally do that ALL THE TIME. It makes even popular, secular songs so personal and special and holy. <3 And I'm glad I'm not the only one who does that. Hehe.
Okay, I have to stop rambling. Beautiful post, Olivia! Keep up the good work and stay safe on the road! ♥
love,
Abbie
THANK YOU SO MUCH THAT LITERALLY MAKES ME SO HAPPY so I mayyyy post more snippets of it...maybe...*unnecessary suspense*
DeleteHahahahahaaaa I'm so glad you enjoyed my post so much! Lol, you sound like some of my friends--they're like 16 and 17 and they don't even want to drive yet. At least you're practicing, though! (and omg that near-miss sounds so scary! I hope that doesn't happen to me while I'm practicing; I would probably freak out and crash the car)
Awesome! I love to hear that people love my playlists. Haha, embedding the playlist is super easy. You just go into Spotify, go the playlist you want to embed, either right-click on the playlist image or click on the little button beside the "play" button, select "copy embed code" from the drop-down menu, and paste the code wherever you want to the playlist to appear! Ta-da! :P
Yasss that's so true about turning music to God; it just gives me a better outlook on life :) No, of course you're not the only one!
Haha, I don't mind the rambling; I love it! Thank you so much! ^^ Yes, I will try not to die :P ♥
*hyperventilates*
ReplyDeleteTWENTY ONE PILOTS YAS. I'm actually listening to them as I write this, and Holding on to You is one of my favorite songs from them, and I just got all the lyrics down and feel insanely happy with myself. xD And I agree, I totally view some of the lyrics relating to God, and that's what I like about Twenty One Pilots. They are Christian, but their lyrics can be taken different ways and they're not "shove it in your face" Christians. And I could go on forever about this band but I will try to shut up and move onto the rest of my comment.
I just got my permit, too! *high-fives* The worst thing I've done was knock over our garbage can while backing out of the driving. It was super scary and embarrassing as neighbors were probably watching as I just rammed into it. :P It hasn't happened again yet, though, so hopefully it'll stay that way.
YASSS twenty one pilots are love, twenty one pilots are life. so happy I found another TØP fangirl. Yes, I like lyrics that are beautiful and really make you think, and when you're a Christian, it's nice to find lyrics relating to God in that way.
DeletePermit twins, yay! ^^ Hahaha,it's cool though; I accidentally hit the gas pedal when I should've hit the brakes once and almost drove up onto the sidewalk (and while there was no one around but my mom and I to see it, she made sure to tell everyone about it). I also almost hit a lady's car while coming out of a busy parking lot. So trust me, we've both been equally (if not me more so than you) embarrassed :P We'll get better, though!
Hee hee! I know how you feel about driving. Right now I'm practicing at about 25 miles per hour and I'm sure I would feel the same as you when I got to 45. That's really sad about your glasses. :( I hope you can get them fixed soon.
ReplyDelete