Saturday, August 29, 2015

INTERVIEW POST | Abigail - Author Of My Hope

About a month ago, I got the chance to interview Abigail from Author Of My Hope. Unfortunately, I'm only having the opportunity to post it now! But better late than never, right? Anyway, read on to find out more about the awesome Abigail (whose blog deserves more followers by the way...*hint hint guys*)



Name? Abigail

Age? I turn 12 in August!

Top three fears? Sharks, Pain, and Dying

Last song you listened to? Holy Spirit By Francesca Battistelli

If you could have anything (literally anything--food, clothes, electronics, etc.) right now, what would it be? Oreos and a mini laptop! (Kind of random, I know!) ;)

What does your url mean? My url is authorofmyhope11.blogspot.com. I got the name Author Of My Hope from Francesca Battistelli's song, Write Your Story. I wanted my blog name to have something to do with Christ. I was thinking about it, and realized that God IS the author of my hope! The 11 in my url is because I was 11 when I created my blog! :)

Current favorite movie(s)? I love the movie Soul Surfer. It is so inspiring, and I have watched it sooo many times. ;)

Current favorite song(s)? Set The World On Fire by Britt Nicole and When The Crazy Kicks In by Francesca Battistelli!

Current favorite book(s)? I have been loving The Mother-Daughter Book Club series!

Current favorite band(s)? I don't really know too many bands, but one I like is the Newsboys.

Top three pet peeves? When people try to talk to me when I get to a really good part in a book.. and ...hmm...I can't really think of any more! ;)

Are you close with your parents? Yes! I am blessed with wonderful Christian parents who will take me to church every Sunday and pray with me every night and day. I am always doing fun things with them!

Favorite animals? Dogs, horses, guinea pigs and cats (sadly my dad is allergic to them)!

Favorite blogs? I like The Reid Who Writes, Writing for His Glory, Trusting in the Lord, Seven Sisters, Eve of Womanhood, The Ups and Downs of My Not-So-Average Life and I know I am forgetting some. ;)

Three bad habits? Needing to do things and putting them off for a loonng time! Not being consistent with my writing (I will write a ton for 2 days then not write for a month!). And going to sleep really late at night (I stay up reading!).

---

I loved her answers! The story behind her blog url/name is so much more interesting that mine, and I love that song by Francesca Battistelli. We also have a lot of the same favorite blogs. And I'm the exact same when it comes to writing--I'll write like eight pages of dialogue and backstory and everything else and then it'll sit for, like, years. Literally years. So maybe I'm a bit worse than Abigail... :P

Anyway, make sure you check out Abigail's blog and also her interview of me!

(P.S. I'm so excited by the response to my giveaway! ^^ So sad that some of you can't enter though :( Next time I do a giveaway, I'll try to be more inclusive of states/territories/countries. But for those of you who can enter, I encourage you to do so! Remember, entry opportunities close on Tuesday, September 8.)

(P.P.S. Thank you for all the congratulations on blogging two years! It really means a lot to me that you guys have been with me all this time, and it encourages me to do more! So thank you again! ^^)

12 comments:

  1. Taking your blog name from a song is so cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it? I wish I'd thought of it! (Then again, my taste in music was questionable at best at the time that I created this blog, so maybe it's a good thing I didn't :P)

      Delete
  2. Blog names inspired from a song is so cool! I also dislike it when people bother me while I read, too. >.<

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely interview :)

    I'm having a Blogger Choice Awards and I'd love for you to enroll! It's your choice :D

    Rukiya XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I totally checked out the Choice Awards and I'll try to enter; I'll also try to promo them as much as I can! ^^

      Delete
  4. Love the interview!! This girl sounds like an absolute superstar. I, too, have that problem with writing stories. Gosh, it's just so easy to stay away for a long time... must work on this. Hehe. Keep on being awesome, Abigail!

    love,
    abbiee

    ReplyDelete