Monday, August 3, 2015

Interview Post | Kathryn - In the Depths of Dreams

Hey guys! First off, I know, I haven't posted in a bit--I sort of decided to take an unplanned, unannounced mini blogging break. But I'm back (as you all can see) and planning awesome things! But we'll get to that after this awesome interview!

I got the opportunity to interview the awesome, hilarious, and insightful Kathryn from In the Depths of Dreams. The writing on her blog is amazing, and her casual observations on life are incredible. Also, if I'm being honest, we fangirl over a lot of the same stuff. That's really the main reason I think she's awesome. But don't take my word for it; find out for yourself below! (And on her blog afterward.)



Name? I'm Kathryn, Kathryn Rose Lydia P. I like my name but sometimes I wish I had something a little more different. ; )

Age? I'm 13, turning 14 next month. Oh dear how I want to grow up, yet I want to stay young forever.

Top three fears? My top three fears are: 1. SPIDERS. I cannot handle spiders no matter how small they are. My friends love to tease me about this fear. 2. Being embarrassed. I have a hard time letting things go and the littlest thing will embarrass me. 3. Surgery, blood, or needles. I'm terrified of these things. I'd probably die of fright before I had surgery or something...

Last song you listened to? The last song I listened to was I Bet My Life by Imagine Dragons(not my favorite song of theirs, but it has a good beat!)

If you could have anything (literally anything--food, clothes, electronics, etc.) right now, what would it be? Material wise, I want a violin. Otherwise I want some patience. XD

What does your url mean? I don't really know what I was thinking when I chose my URL. I thought it would be cool if Hobbits went to Hogwarts. :D It's fun to imagine.

Current favorite movie(s)? My current favorite movies are the Harry Potter movies (CAN WE TAKE A MINUTE TO LAMENT DOBBY? THANK YOU.) The Nightmare Before Christmas (I watch it all year round and have loved it since I was 3), Frozen, Big Hero 6, Pride and Prejudice 2005...wow this list is getting very long.

Current favorite song(s)? A few of my current favorite songs are Thinking out Loud by Ed Sheeran (I don't typically like these sort of songs but I like the melody), Warriors by Imagine Dragons, and Clocks by Coldplay.

Current favorite book(s)? Current favorite books...ohhh this shall be a long list. Harry Potter, Coraline, Anne of Green Gables, A Series of Unfortunate Events, The Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, And Then There Were None, and The Blue Fairy Book.

Current favorite band(s)? Current favorite bands-Imagine Dragons, Coldplay, Phish, and others for select songs.

Top three pet peeves? I'm a peevey person--I can't stand mess, rude people, and mosquito bites.

Are you close with your parents? Yes. I'm not the person to tell her parents, family, and friends everything, but I've been very close with my parents my whole life.

Favorite animals? My favorite animals are sharks, rabbits, horses, foxes, marine animals, and hamsters!

Favorite blogs? My current favorite blogs are Life as a Young Lady, Cece, and Fox in the Woodlands

Three bad habits? My three bad habits...1. I'm VERY stubborn. 2. I can be very impatient. 3. I procrastinate my schoolwork until the last minute, and I really hope I can get more on the ball this year!

--

I know I say this all the time, but I really loved this girl's answers. She's the first person I've seen in the blogosphere to also love A Series of Unfortunate Events! Her love for Imagine Dragons and Coldplay is also deeply inspiring. And also how cute is it that she counts my blog as one of her faves ^^

Anywho, make sure you check out Kathryn's awesome and gorgeously designed blog, and also her interview of me!

(P.S. remember that giveaway I talked about? GUYS IT'S ALMOST HERE I'M SETTING UP TO DO THE ANNOUNCEMENT VIDEO THIS WEEK SO GET EXCITED.)

(P.P.S. I know, I haven't posted my Spotify playlist; I'll post it along with my next post, I just didn't want to crowd Kathryn's interview--which I've basically already done anyway.)

26 comments:

  1. Nice interview! Dobby... just ugh, no. I was sobbing really hard when I saw that scene in the movie and my dad thought I was just being dramatic. I was, like, ten. I'm also like you when it comes to being a procrastinator; unless it's school, blogging, or Battle, I will procrastinate, unless I am actually like, "No, I want this lead, I have to practice right now." xD

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, I'm the say way about procrastinating

      Delete
  2. Hahaha, "I'm a peevy person." Same, girl, same (;
    lovely interview xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interview AND WHY HAVE I NEVER HEARD OF KATHRYN BEFORE??!! :D

    P.S. I tagged you for the TMI Tag on my blog!

    - www.whatlexieloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well good thing you have now! :P I'll check it out! ^^

      Delete
  4. Fun interview! I have never heard of Katryn before! ;)
    Have a great day, Isabella x

    | http://isafashionebella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a really cool interview. And I agree WHY HAVE I NEVER HEARD OF KATHRYN BEFORE??!!

    http://hottowncoolgirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh, I LOVE DOBBY! He's so cute! I LOVE COLDPLAY!!!!!!!! Amazing interview! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are just too many things to love about Kathryn! :)

      Delete
  7. I am having a fun summer photo contest over at my blog! to enter click here:
    http://a-girl-named-elly.blogspot.com/2015/07/a-girl-summer-photo-contest.html

    thanks!
    -elly <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the interview! I love your questions and I always mentally answer them!! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! ^^ Then maybe I need to interview you one of these days! :)

      Delete
  9. As always, awesome post, Liv. ♥

    -T. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm terrified of spiders as well :) And Imagine Dragons are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spiderssss *deep shudder* Kathryn is just so relatable ^^

      Delete
  11. GAAAAH. So yes. AHem. This interview was awesome. I love reading about other bloggers/finding new bloggers and this girl is faaab! Totally stalking any and all links provided, hmmm... YAY IMAGINE DRAGONS. <3 that is definitely inspiring. I have to say, I've listened to Warriors and I Bet My Life an unhealthy amount of times. (heh.) Okay so when you said "Spotify playlist" I had a bit of a SQUIRREL moment, not gonna lie. I can't wait to hear it! I love me some new music to listen to. <3 Fantastic interview, Olivia!

    love,
    abbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is she not fantastic? Definitely give her a follow! Yes, I too have possibly played out I Bet My Life hahaha. Hahaha, playlist is posted now! It's not as good as my previous ones, but hopefully you'll find some new jams ^^ Thanks! ^^

      Delete
  12. Great interview!

    pengirl9.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete