So you all have heard me mention the lovely, talented, and freaking hilarious Rcubed right? (Although she's starting to go more by Rachel now.) I interviewed her here and have been caught gushing about her blog and YouTube channel all over the place.
Well, now, Rachel and I are introducing a new series, all about our unwarranted opinions on pop culture! It's our first impression reviews of popular YouTube videos, music, and movies, and we call it Yay or Nay! We'll be posting interchangeably between my and Rachel's blog, so be sure to keep checking back for more posts.
These "Yay or Nay" mini-reviews come in five parts, with each of us giving our own personal response: "First Impressions", which is rather self-explanatory; "Not Feelin' It" which reflects our negative views; "THIS IS GOOD", which, of course, reflects our positive views; "Final Impressions", which reflects our overall view after completely watching/listening; and "Overall Rating", which is our "____ out of five" rating and final verdict.
And now, with that explanation out of the way, I present to you, our very first Yay or Nay review!
Well, now, Rachel and I are introducing a new series, all about our unwarranted opinions on pop culture! It's our first impression reviews of popular YouTube videos, music, and movies, and we call it Yay or Nay! We'll be posting interchangeably between my and Rachel's blog, so be sure to keep checking back for more posts.
These "Yay or Nay" mini-reviews come in five parts, with each of us giving our own personal response: "First Impressions", which is rather self-explanatory; "Not Feelin' It" which reflects our negative views; "THIS IS GOOD", which, of course, reflects our positive views; "Final Impressions", which reflects our overall view after completely watching/listening; and "Overall Rating", which is our "____ out of five" rating and final verdict.
And now, with that explanation out of the way, I present to you, our very first Yay or Nay review!

Ant-Man is this year's Marvel summer blockbuster, starring a teeny, ant-sized hero who packs a big punch.
Rachel's Yay or Nay
First Impressions
White floors, slick shoes, nice ties, a city skyline. Basically every Marvel movie ever.
Not Feelin’ It
The jokes seem a little off. I don’t really know about the whole concept of Ant-Man. So he’s an ant, and he thinks ants are cute. But I’ve seen ants before, and ants are NOT cute. And if I were the same size as they were, I think they’d be terrifying!
THIS IS GOOD
The characters. I think Paul Rudd really does fit into the role as Ant-Man, although he looks a little too “good” to be the type that’s led astray. I don’t know. I haven’t seen the movie. Also, the girl seems a little bit quieter and less sarcastic than the other ones, but she’s still got guts enough to punch him in the face. I like that.
Final Impressions
I didn’t like the trailer the first time I saw it, and I’m still not a huge fan of it, but I know several people who’ve watched the movie, and they say that the trailer didn’t do it justice, so maybe I’ll watch the movie. I rely on other people’s perceptions more than I do the trailer, mostly because...well, peer pressure.
Overall Rating
2.5 out of 5. They need to get better editors. But then, they might have spent too much money on special effects.
RACHEL SAYS: NAY
Olivia's Yay or Nay
First Impressions
Mysterious-y science-y things with a dude talking really slow and montages of Ant-Man. I don’t whether to be slightly peeved or excited.
Not Feelin’ It
“God-like powers” ugh does every superhero movie have to have some sort of God complex or Jesus imagery? Sheesh, for such a huge pool of atheist viewers, they sure do love to drag that up every time. Also, “I know a guy.” No. Please. Don’t do that.
THIS IS GOOD
Rising music, Ant-Man being awesome, and THE MARVEL LOGO AGHHHH why do I lose my head every time I see that red logo? Also, I loooove that snippet with Ant-Man eluding the gunshot and snapping that guy's neck. Just YASSSSS.
Final Impressions
Okay, that closing montage of explosions sealed it: I’M EXCITED FOR THIS MOVIE. I was amped for it when I went to see Age of Ultron and I’m still amped. Who knew a movie about a dude the size of an ant could look so awesome?
Overall Rating
4 out of 5. I like Paul Rudd--he just has a really chill way about him, you know?--and I think the rest of the movie, what with a cameo by Falcon and a role by T.I., will be risky but good. This trailer did a good job of amping up the movie, and I can’t wait to see it.
OLIVIA SAYS: YAY
---
So, what do you all say? "Yay" or "nay" to the Ant-Man trailer? What about the movie; did you think it was good? (BUT NO SPOILERS PLEASSSE AS NEITHER OF US HAVE SEEN IT YET)
And what'd you think of this post? Who'd you agree with? Are you excited to see more of our Yay or Nay series? Let us know!
So make sure to comment your responses, and also to be looking out for the next Yay or Nay post on Rachel's blog!


I haven't seen the ant man yet, but I love your reviews of the trailers!
ReplyDeleteHaha, thanks! I can't wait to go see it ^^
DeleteI haven't seen it either but your review on it sounds cool. Can't wait for more!
ReplyDeletehttp://hottowncoolgirl.blogspot.com/
Thanks! Can't wait to post more for you guys!
DeleteI haven't seen Ant-Man (or any Marvel movie for that matter) but it looks pretty cool!
ReplyDelete~Lydia~ <3
It looks cool to me too! You should definitely see a couple of Marvel movies; at least the first Iron Man movie and the second Captain America movie.
DeleteANT-MAN WAS SO GOOD. WAY EXCEEDED MY EXPECTATIONS. IT WAS HILARIOUS. PAUL RUDD JUST GOT ME. IT WAS SO GREAT. ALSO FALCON. ALSO STAN LEE CAMEO. ALSO THE SCENE AFTER THE END OF THE MOVIE. AHH. you guys should both go see it. I loved it. The sense of humor was just fantastic too. Also father-daughter relationship feels. Also- MARVEL. ok so clearly I give it a yay. just gonna raving stop now. XD XD XD
ReplyDeleteI KNOW I HEARD FROM A LOT OF OTHER PEOPLE BUT I DIDN'T LIKE THE TRAILER. I WANNA SEE THE MOVIE THOUGH!
DeleteYASSS FALCONNN UGHHH and I've been hearing so much about the post-credit scene which is like 50% of why I want to see the movie haha
DeleteSo I'm trying to follow your blog but it's not letting me! *argh!*
ReplyDeleteReally? Argh! You mean via the Google Friend Connect widget in the sidebar, right? If that's not working, you can always try going to Blogger Dashboard > Reading list > Add > and then copying and pasting my blog url into the "Add from URL" box and hitting save. That's the old-fashioned super-long way that I have to use sometimes haha. You can also follow me on Bloglovin'!
DeleteANT MAN WAS SO GOOD AND FUNNY THAT SOLUTION TO HOW HE WAS ABLE TURN BACK TO NORMAL SIZE THOUGH YAYYY SO SMART
ReplyDeletexoxo Morning
ALSO APPARENTLY AT THE D23 EXPO THEY RELEASED FOOTAGE FOR CIVIL WAR
DeleteAGHAGHAGH CIVIL WAR FOOTAGE AGHAGHAGH MEH HEART
DeleteDANKS FER HAVIN ME!
ReplyDeleteYER WELCOME GURL :3
DeleteSo people are saying Antman is great, but I'm not sold. So I haven't seen it yet.
ReplyDeleteYay for more Yay or Nay posts! :)
I'm personally excited for it, but I'm still gonna just wait for the DVD because reasons :P Yay! We'll definitely be posting more! ^^
DeleteANTMAN WAS AMAZING, GO WATCH IT NOOWWWW. Can't wait for more Yay-Nay posts!
ReplyDelete~Noor
YAYAYAY YESYESYES I DEF WANT TO and yay I'm glad you want to see more! ^^
DeleteI LOVED ant man they should put him in the next avengers hes one of fav matvel characters agter iron man of course 😏
ReplyDelete