Thursday, May 14, 2015

AGE OF ULTRON AAAAGGGHHH

*DUDE THERE ARE LITERALLY SO MANY SPOILERS BELOW LIKE IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE AND YOU READ THIS POST YOU WILL DIE YOU WILL LITERALLY DIE*


On Sunday, May 3, I, Olivia *classified* Williams, witnessed the second movie in the Avengers series. And promptly thereafter, my brain stopped proper functioning for about a week. But now I am finally at a point where I can discuss (?) this with you. BUT SPOILERSSS TRUST MEEE THE SPOILERS ARE NO JOKE I DON'T EVEN TRY TO MINCE WORDS

Okay I guess I've given a good enough warning; time to get into it.


AGE OF ULTRONNNNNN YASSSSS WHOOOO

*heavy breathing*

*screaming*

*crying*

Okay I will try to decipher my fan-speak into constructive thoughts.

So I love how Hulk/Bruce Banner has a wider character in the film but his relationship with Nat was weird like? She chased him but he kind of rejected her? Nat being so emotionally vulnerable this way? What?

Also MY SHIP HAS SUNK NOOO I shipped Nat and Clint so hard and now Clint’s married? With two—excuse me, three kids? Whaaaat? I’m like Tony: I hope it’s just a front. But I guess Nat and Clint are really more like brother and sister than soulmates. *heavy sad sigh*

But I was excited for how they set up Civil War in the movie, like when Tony and Cap physically fought over turning J.A.R.V.I.S into an android. It also kinda showed who would be on whose side. I’m really excited but I wish I didn’t have to wait till next year for Civil War. AND THREE FREAKING YEARS FOR INFINITY WAR NOOOOO

But okay Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch were awesome characters and I was at first skeptical about their addition to the Avengers but now I realize they’re awesome. Like I love how Scarlet (I know her name isn't actually Scarlet but I refuse to call her anything else okay) seems sort of reserved, quiet, and scared through most of the movie, but when she fights, she fights hard. She’s like one of the most powerful members of the team. And I love how both Scarlet and Pietro (?) were so innocent and just didn’t want people to die. They were like Vision: “I’m on the side of life”. (Ooooh I used a quoooote I’m so fancyyy)


Also this Avengers movie was a looot more serious than the last one. Like last time it was like “oh, it’s just Thor’s goofy half-brother stirring up a little mischief. It’s not even trouble; it’s just mischief. Let’s defeat this weak guy and then go eat shawarma and laugh.” There was just a lot more humor and chill and stuff. But this time, Ultron was a much scarier and tougher guy to defeat, and there was barely any time for jokes as Thor was having some sort of personal crisis, Nat and Bruce were getting all lovey-dovey, CLINT TOOK CARE OF HIS FAMILY WHAT I’M NEVER GOING TO GET OVER THAT, and Tony and Cap built up to Civil War.

BUT QUICKSILVERRR. Okay I seriously started loving his character like 10 minutes into the movie. I loved when he and Scarlet went to see that one guy who had the vibranium and he’s like, “you want a candy?” mockingly and then a minute later Quicksilver whips over and picks himself up one. LIKE HOW CUTE IS THAT AND ALSO THE BEST SILENT COMEBACK WHAT. He really is like a little kid and it’s so adorable. But then getting shot? Really? Like I know he was trying to protect Clint and the kid but that really ticked me off. Not to fear though, Marvel deaths are rarely ever final. I’m sure we’ll see him in Infinity War. WE BETTER SEE HIM DAGNABBIT.


Also Mark Ruffalo is literally the best Hulk ever hands down everyone go home. I read up on previous Hulk movies before I went to see AOU and wow those movies sucked. But I did notice in AOU how they copied what they’d done in the previous Hulk movies: when Iron Man tries to lock Hulk in that little hubble-thing during their fight in the street, Hulk runs along under the street and then bursts through it. That happened in previous Hulk movies. Yeahh, I saw what you did there, Marvel.

*regains normal breathing pattern*

Okay soooo...yeah.

HOPEFULLY YOU GUYS SEE THIS AMAZING MOVIE.

And if you don't well then

(let's just pretend there's tea in that glass okay)

Okay! That post was loooong but I don't think a series of ten extensive 500-page novels could contain all of my fangirl feels.

Sooo let me know what you thought of the post! If you saw the movie (and if you haven't and you're this far in the post WAT R U DOING), tell me what you thought of it!

(P.S. Keep those questions for my Q&A video coming! Ask me a lot guys! I wanna make at least a two-minute video lol)

And for my fellow Avengers fangirls, I AM WITH YOU. WE SHALL BE STRONG UNTIL INFINITY WAR. WE SHALL FIND STRENGTH IN ONE ANOTHER. WE CAN DO THIS *mockingjay salute* *whistles Rue's song* *realizes I just mixed two fandoms* *what am I doing*

☮

18 comments:

  1. Haven't yet seen it but just looking at the gifs looks awesome :) xoxo

    www.thelittleenigma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES THE BLACK WIDOW AND HULK THING WAS SO WEIRD. (I call them by their superhero names...Hawkeye's name is Clint? Really?!) I shipped them too...and then now he has a family? It kind of felt like they just tacked that on...

    BRING ON THE NEXT MOVIES.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKR LIKE WHAT THE HECK

      Yeah lol I saw on tumblr that people called them by their real names so I just *shrug* lol

      THE FAMILY THING WAS SO WEIRDDD

      Delete
  3. YAY YOU FINALLY POSTED IT! Oh my gosh yes I agree that it was weird to see Hawkeye with a family... Jarvis dough. JARVIS WAS LIKE AMAZING OKAY AND SO WAS VISION LIKE ADFHSAFJJDBASOJBFDJABF HE CAN LIFT THE *insert spoiler here*? Hmmm... maybe for my party next week I should make my friends dress up and comes as an Avenger.

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YESSS!

      JARVISSSSS *high-pitched screaming* LITERALLY MY FAVE CHARACTER RN LIKE NO ONE CAN TOP HIM NOT EVEN LOKI AND THAT'S SAYING A LOT

      That party sounds amazing. Totally do that.

      Delete
  4. Omg that film was just so, ugh, dang amazing! It was so cool! And, like, seriously - hawk eye with a family? IKR!! I'm soooo glad someone's done a post about it! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yusss I will never get over the Hawkeye thing!

      Delete
  5. I had to skip to the last paragraph since I hadn't seen the movie. But a friend spoiled me about the Hulk-Widow thing! I mean, I shipped Hawkeye and Black Widow (I haven't read much of the comics) BUT THEN APPARENTLY HE HAS A WIFE. And also quite an age difference apparently. So I kind of like this odd couple. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAWKEYE WAS ACTUALLY MADLY IN LOVE WITH BLACK WIDOW IN THE COMICS SO

      Yeah I guess I'll come around to Hulk and Nat eventually

      Delete
  6. I STILL HAVEN'T RECOVERED.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I AGREE WITH EVERYTHING YOU SAID!

    Seriously the whole Nat and Banner thing was just awkward and forced and weird and no. it was super out of character for Nat.
    and no more Clintasha.......*cries forever*

    But I adored Scarlett Witch in that film. like YESSSSSSSS! I knew I would love her from the moment they cast her. She was just amazing.

    I loved this movie. there was a lot wrong with it and stuff, but like Im sorry I just love Marvel. no matter how many stupid mistakes they make I still end up walking out of the theater crying. it just happens.

    Anyhow, new follower here. your blog is awesome and we have a lot in common it seems. I'm looking forward to more fangirling and awesomeness :)

    princessfaithm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes way out of character! Writers were reeeaaally stretching that one

      *cries with you as ship sinks into the foamy distant depths*

      Scarlet Witch is amaaaazing. Can't wait to see her whip in Civil War.

      Omg thank you so much! ^^ Trust me there will be much more to come haha

      Delete
  8. I also thought Nat/Bruce was a tad awkward, even if Bruce was independently well developed. And the Hawkeye/Quicksilver dimension was TOO BEAUTIFUL. ARGGGGH. I really loved Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, because their stakes were totally the most personal. *fangirl flails everywhere*

    Thanks for commenting on my blog, and new follower here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "You didn't see that coming?" QUICKSILVER YOU ADORABLE BALL OF FOREIGN YOU

      Why does Marvel keeping making badd-ish guys beautiful and clever? Loki...Bucky...now Quicksilver. STAHP.

      Omg thank you so much! ^^

      Delete
  9. I enjoyed so much this movie
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! Although it also sort of ripped my heart out of my chest and left it on the curb like a trash bag... :P

      Delete