Saturday, June 14, 2014

Modern Teenagers and Shame

Today I'm just blogging about random thoughts I've been having.

So earlier I was surfing Instagram (no, I dont have an Insta profile;  I used my friend's login) and I was just getting really annoyed with the way teenagers these days use social media. Like, seriously, what's up with this "tbh" and "rate" stuff? Like, just...why? They seriously have nothing better to do than say "ilysm♥♥♥" and "you're cool, text me" to their fellow teen classmates? And why are they always posting pics of themselves and then putting the description "I'm bored"? Come on, we all know that they thought they looked cute or hot or whatever, so they posted a "mirror selfie". And, omg, my biggest pet peeve--calling your friends "bae". I. Cannot. Stand. That. Listen, your boyfriend/girlfriend is your bae. Not your bffs. You know, if teens would get off of social media and go do some homework, American schools would probably have better test averages.

Now, onto another random thought--an epiphany I had about fifteen minutes ago. So whenever I get addicted to something, I never stop talking about it. Like when I was [more] addicted to Pinterest [than I am right now], I was always saying "that reminds me of this thing I saw on Pinterest…" And now I'm addicted to Vine, so I'm always saying "hahaha, there's a Vine about that…" The point is, I'm always talking about stuff like that, whether people care about it or not. I force people to listen. And today I had the epiphany that if I read the Bible as much as I search Pinterest or watch Vines, then I would be telling people about God all the time--whether they wanted to hear or not. Instead of saying "I saw this thing on Pinterest…" I'd be saying "I read this thing in the Bible…" And that would be much better. So...yeah. I need to stop procrastinating and just do it.

Anyway, I'm done for today. I'll post something more meaningful and less random tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. O you make a really good point and I do the same thing with Pinterest! :P

    ReplyDelete