Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Thank You, God, for Homeschooling

*Note: I know there are many good, kind, respectable, nice, etc. kids in public school. I know that not all public schoolers make inappropriate jokes, or start the whole "bf/gf" thing at an early age, or use profanity. If you are one of those good kids, congratulations! Rest assured that I am not speaking about you in this post, and also that I don't assume that all public school kids are the same. After all, I was one before, remember? (Or maybe I never mentioned that...meh, whatever. Another story for another day.) Anyway, this opening was to assure my readers that I do not make the sweeping generalization that all public schoolers are of the same brain capacity. If you feel anxious that you may be offended by the following post, please excuse yourself now.*


So. Teenagers these days. I just...don't even know where to start here. The thing is, I might not be as upset by the heavy language, sexual references, and general immaturely mature actions that take place among public school kids these days if it was only limited to high schoolers. But I've seen kids my age and younger on fb, insta, and twitter using inappropriate and offensive terms for body parts, heavy curse words such as the f-word and s-word, and generally using language that was originally used by people way older than them. And I'm just like...why?

Okay. Now on to how this applies to me. Because this stuff really shouldn't affect me since I'm homeschooled, right? Wrong.

The other day, I told my mom that I wanted to go to a public high school for maybe one year, just to have the experience. But one visit to social media later, I realized what a dumb suggestion that was. I just cannot begin to even....ugh. Kids these days are so inappropriate and ungrateful and just walk through life acting like they're so grown up just because they swear in every sentence and have an iPhone and act like they have a "boyfriend/girlfriend". They go to school and spend their days "rating one another" (whatever the heck that means) and making rude jokes and basically being completely immature while thinking that they are totally mature. You know what, I might actually consider going to public school, if I wasn't afraid of catching the highly contagious stupidity floating around the halls.

And you know what else? These same lame kids, who are convinced to the point of embarrassment that they are so grown up, have the nerve to bully other kids who actually act their age. These jerks push around other kids, labeling them as "weird", when in all actuality the bullied kids are more normal than the bullies! Kids are freaking losing their lives because some other idiots don't have enough self-esteem to stop bullying others and deal with their own problems. It is just ridiculous.

And do you know what the most frustrating part of this is? No one gives a rat's behind about it. "Oh, a 14-year-old girl got pregnant? No big deal." "A 12-year-old boy committed suicide? Meh." But, hey, what can I do, you know? I'm just another crazy ranting 13-year-old kid who hasn't yet been given a prescription for her mental problems.

*blows out long, angry, shaky sigh*

Okay.

With that said, I think I can end this post. I believe I have spoken my mind, and I also believe that I have made clear that I am only addressing certain types of people [which pretty much makes up the majority of public schools] in this post. But, if that wasn't made clear, I just mentioned it again. 

So. Yeah. I'm, uh, done ranting now. Just needed to get that off my chest. Sorry if I offended anyone. I tried to give as many warnings as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment